Ron Schara: Hunters Boost Economy

Ben Sobieck

Ron Schara: Hunters Boost Economy

Postby Ben Sobieck » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:14 pm

Minnesota outdoors icon Ron Schara penned an excellent column for the Pioneer Press about the economic impact of the hunt. It's part of an educational push to demonstrate the value of the outdoor sports to the state, especially to people who do not hunt.

From the Pioneer Press:

Many people are not aware that the sale of hunting licenses, tags, and stamps is the primary source of funding for our state wildlife conservation efforts. By purchasing all required licenses, and paying federal excise taxes on hunting equipment and ammunition, Minnesota hunters contribute millions of dollars toward ensuring the future of many species of wildlife and habitat.

Hunters in Minnesota spend quite a bit of money; in fact hunters spend more than $400 million each year. On average, an individual hunter spends about $783 a year on hunting-related expenses such as gear and trips. Spending by hunters injects money into many of our smaller towns as well as supporting more than 14,000 jobs in the state.

Click here to read the entire article.

pickleguy

RE: Ron Schara: Hunters Boost Economy

Postby pickleguy » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:00 pm

This is one case where I am way ahead of average.
�If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.It is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved

mnmaverick

Postby mnmaverick » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:45 am

I won't show that to my wife [:D]

kjamesn

Postby kjamesn » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:23 pm

I am currently going to college in Oklahoma At Oral Roberts University and you would not believe the amount of people that are in disbelief that people still even hunt. Then when I tell them I do it is like I am some horrible person that kills innocent animals for fun. This article will be a great source of information to tell people. Not to mention that hunting keeps deer off the roads. Insurance companies love us!

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:14 pm

ORIGINAL: kjamesn

I am currently going to college in Oklahoma At Oral Roberts University and you would not believe the amount of people that are in disbelief that people still even hunt. Then when I tell them I do it is like I am some horrible person that kills innocent animals for fun. This article will be a great source of information to tell people. Not to mention that hunting keeps deer off the roads. Insurance companies love us!

Each to their own I guess.  Hard to believe that peopel are in "disbelief" that hunting still takes place.  I'm sure the Cabelas and Gander Mountains of the world are happy too!

Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

Return to Minnesota