Bow Opener Plans

bowman12

Bow Opener Plans

Postby bowman12 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:13 am

It's going to be Sept 18th very soon, not soon enough though! Anybody have any plans?

I'm going to be sitting over a 1/2 acre clover field I planted this spring on some river property my wife and I bought to build a home on. I think I'm going to try a ground blind for the first time, I'm going to get it set up tomorrow to get the deer used to it. I need to get some venison in the freezer!

MN_Prairie_Prowler

RE: Bow Opener Plans

Postby MN_Prairie_Prowler » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:48 am

Good luck this fall. Hopefully the ground blind works for you. Your right by getting it out ahead of time. I've had better luck when I've put them out at least a couple weeks in advance.

I headin to North Dakota in 6 days. I really excited! I and a couple other guys went up there last weekend to hang stand and do some scouting. We seen some really nice deer. I also bringing the wife for the first time. Hopefully she gets a crack at one.
I've been slacking for any scouting in MN. I'll have to just rely on my old stand by stands.

bowman12

Postby bowman12 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:45 am

Good luck in ND! I'm pretty close to ND and was looking into it this season too. Post some picks of the prairie giant!

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:36 pm

As always, I haven't done nearly the amount of scouting / stand work I would like to have done by now.

My hunting buddy DeadEye and I [;)] (pun intended) spent all day two Saturdays ago setting up 6 sites for hunting (2 natural ground blinds, two trees prepped for climbers, and two existing tree stands cleared shooting lanes).

This will be my first year ever using a climber, so I'm excited about that.

I'm hoping to film my wife kill her first deer ever and first deer on film this year.  We'll see!
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

bowman12

Postby bowman12 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:10 am

Good luck to your wife! I've hunted out of some natural ground blinds before but have never connected. Always thought it'd be fun to be eye to eye with em.

Return to Minnesota