which grunt tube???

Archery_NUT

which grunt tube???

Postby Archery_NUT » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:06 pm

i have the Buck Roar myself but i just bought it and have not had any results yet but hopefully soon.
bad day of hunting beats a good day of school or work anytime

Demoderby4

RE: which grunt tube???

Postby Demoderby4 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:09 am

buck roar after i saw how good it works yesterday.

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:08 am

Just bought a buck roar, we'll see how good it works on the stand tomorrow morning

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:51 am

I like the true talker. The first time I used it I had a big buck charge me. Thats one hunt I will never forget. I only wished I wasn't shaking so bad and was able to get a good shot off. It was my second year hunting and I didn't think it would work, boy was I wrong.

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:48 am

Trying out this one this year.

Flextone's Buck Rage Plus deer call.

No opinion yet, other than I like that it's made of rubber so it is very quiet when I bang it around on stuff.  Sounds pretty much like every other deer call I've used.  Fawn bleat can be a little hard to generate at times as reeds get pretty close together when making it.  I could see it might have a problem in freezing weather with the reed freezing up.  Claims it can also make the buck growl.  Nice that it comes with the wheeze call.

“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
Aldo Leopold

dmcianfa

Postby dmcianfa » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:07 am

The old Woodhaven classic grunt does the trick alot for me for many a coon's age now.  Wouldn't trade this call for any of those growlers, snorters, or wheezers, but then again I'm a traditionalist and havn't tried one yet.  Maybe if I got one as a christmas gift I wouldn't mind giving it a try, but to spend all that money on those fancy multipurpose calls seems unrealistic right now when I have a proven grunt tube. hmmmm! something to think about at least!
"I enjoy and become completely immersed in the challenge and the increased opportunity to become for a time a part of nature. Deer hunting is a classical exercise in freedom. It�s a return to fundamentals that I distinctly feel are basic and right"-F.B.

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:01 pm

true talker for me[:)]
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

WayneL

Postby WayneL » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:14 am

I've been using a Primos grunt tube and the MAD growler for grunting. I have never heard a "roar" in the woods so I don't try to recreate that. I recently purchased the True Talker and I like to versatility. I had 5 doe in my front yard last night. I walked outside giving a low bleat call and walked to within 20 yards of them before they walked away. It is a very nice call for the money (around $15)
WayneL
NY Hunter
Check out my hunting reports, pics and videos at:
http://westchesterbowhunting.wordpress.com

Return to Calls