Need a New Call - Opinions Wanted?

8uck5nort

RE: Need a New Call - Opinions Wanted?

Postby 8uck5nort » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:49 am

I don't have my Buck Roar with me right now, but I am pretty sure you can do any call from Trophy Buck grunt all the way down to a Fawn Bleat by adjusting the "O" ring on the reed. It pulls apart to let access and the reed lip is marked at the grooves. Extremely useful and loud. I will be using in conjuction with a bleat can so I don't have to mess with the reed in between calls.
Veni, Vidi, Sagittam Mittere, now I'm ready for my nap :)

nhdeerchaser

Postby nhdeerchaser » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:11 am

Patriot,

I hear ya! I liked the calls that would do all the sounds needed. I had a MAD call, one of the older ones, and I still have it. It would do buck, doe, fawn etc. The problem was that on a cold day, like many calls, it would freeze.
So I'm gonna go with the haydel's inhale call for my buck. It is supposed to not freeze. I carry that, my bleat can, and a rattle bag. These three things fit nicely in my fanny pack and don't take up alot of room. I have a skirt around my treestand, so I can make some movements without being seen.
I hope this advice helps. I'm trying not to be redundant.

Mike
You can't kill'em sittin' on the couch!

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:25 am

I bought the MAD Growler and MAD Heat Bleat last night.  I also have the Primos can.

I think I'll need to get a separate call for early season (fawn / doe bleats / contact grunts).
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

prohunter

Postby prohunter » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:31 am

hey patriot, i have the answer for your problem ,i bought the new flextone bone collector it makes all the calls that deer make,and it sounds great from growl to fawn bleat to snort wheeze. you can hear it for yourself at www.flextonegamecalls.com ,i am not trying to sell there product for them ,but if you try it you will like it. and theres no o rings to fool around with or lose.
JIM
take your kids hunting and you wont have to hunt your kids.

Bob Olsen

Postby Bob Olsen » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:55 pm

Come on man!!! just set up on a funnel or do your time on stand.

Previous

Return to Calls