Just bought my first

JPH

RE: Just bought my first

Postby JPH » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:35 pm

Thanks for the advice guys. Now that my season is over I can really start using my new toy! The first job was to haul some deer to my Amish neighbors to help them feed a large family. I felt like Santa rolling up in their drive with 240 lbs of meat (actual numbers BTW). For the first time in many years, I'm actually looking forward to all those off season chores. Moving stands, scouting, shed hunting, clearing timber, trimming shooting lanes, opening trails, building brush piles,...can anyone help me come up with more uses?

jdbell91

RE: Just bought my first

Postby jdbell91 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:45 pm

JPH, I just bought my first ATV today also. It is a 2000 Suzuki King Quad 300. I also plan to use it for hauling deer out and doing chores. I think it would kill my scent control if I rode it out to my stands.
Semper Fi,

Joe

scottflesher

Re: Just bought my first

Postby scottflesher » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:44 pm

JPH,
I know this is an older post, and i'd be interested to see how you feel almost 2 years later.

I'm right there with your original post. When I was younger, I was more of a traditionalist. Heck, a small part of me wishes they'd outlaw crossbows in my state, as IMO it takes away the challenge and integrity of bowhunting. I guess in my naive youth, I must have felt it important to justify my superiority to others. While I still shoot a compound and prefer not to be aided by riding 4 wheelers, I must admit, my view points have changed.

Now I'm a father and if a crossbow gets my little boy in the woods a few years earlier than a longbow, i'm all for the dreaded crossbow. As my father gets older, I also support crossbows and ATVs. While my dad's still in good shape and health, i'm not sure he could pull back a compound anymore (he used to be religous about long bows). I wish I could talk my father into getting an ATV to make hanging stands, etc. less difficult.

Anyway, be proud that you're views have matured. While some of us may feel they're an unfair advantage, progress is a fact of life, so get onboard or be left behind.
Enjoy the ATV and hopefully soon, we'll have one too.

Previous

Return to ATVs