whats you atv for?-really?

MSHunter

RE: whats you atv for?-really?

Postby MSHunter » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:38 pm

ORIGINAL: shaman
No ATV's at our camp. 

I don't own/use an ATV either. Most of the time I hunt public land and ATV use is not allowed.

A thought on scent control and ATV use. Don't you smell like exhaust after riding an ATV to your stand/hunting spot?? Can't the deer detect the smell?
"This is the world we are born into -- we should never let that slip away from us. May it never cease to stimulate, inspire and humble us." from Stalking & Still-Hunting: The Ground Hunter's Bible by G. Fred Asbell

Rutnut

Postby Rutnut » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:41 pm

Use it very little. Hunting related chores and some snow riding is about all. It came in handy when I shot a big buck in a bad location. Just getting the deer to it was a task. Sure saved my back the rest of the way though. Usually sits in the shed next to my motorcycles and kayak.

jonny5buck

Postby jonny5buck » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:43 pm

@ rut nut-beautiful looking buck! Another spot i hunt is a huge gorge,valley or some call it a holler....i never really thought about deer being shot and falling down to the bottom,until i talked to a neighbor who hunts next to me.They got 2 quads ,w/winches.and almost 600 ft of rope ,one guy ties off at the winch line and repels down to the deer fastens it and they pull it out.The bottom doesnt come out like i thought and the steepness of it isnt climbable even for the most fittest of us.He told me if i get one why they are there he has no problem helping get it out,if it happens to die at the bottom-after 3 or more yrs a hunting luckily they have only had to get 2 deer out that way.

krawiech

Postby krawiech » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:56 am

i dont own one but if i get accepted into the hunting club in nc this year i will buy one thats the only vehicle they allow past parking lots what type and size do most of you own are there any 300 lbs plus riders out there if so what do you ride im sure ill be less than that after they take this junk growing inside my abdomen i scheduled to have it done on this next tuesday i hope i can get back to converse with all of you thanks hank k

Previous

Return to ATVs