Permit Restructuring

whubbard

RE: Permit Restructuring

Postby whubbard » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:24 am

I got ya.  Sorry for the expletives.  What's the definition of a non-resident land owner compared to a resident landowner?  How much time do you have to spend?  Do you have to have  a house?  Recieve mail there or what? 

Is there any other state that anyone on here knows of that doesn't charge someone out of state hunting in that state more money?  I can't imagine that there is.

Just go on the Mo. Dept of cons. web page and saw exactly what you are talking about.  I did not realize that land owners regardless of where they lived did not get free hunting tags.  I just thought that your license fees where higher.  (Which I believe they should be.)  I do think though that if you own land in this state you ought to have the same rights as I do.  Free hunting "Tags".

Sorry again for all of the confusion.  been a long damn week.
Hunting, fishing, drawing, and music occupied my every moment. Cares I knew not, and cared naught about them. --John James Audubon

dtrain56

Postby dtrain56 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:35 am

However you not living in this state, you don't pay all the taxes that an average resident does.
ORIGINAL: whubbard

not sure how it works in missori but in PA license fees support 100% of budget for the PGC...so your taxes don't do anything to improve "the hunting experience" it geos to states coffers to pay for the entitlement pograms and run local goverment..if this is the case in missori then non-residents should actually have a definate say because their fees support local conservation, hunting programs and any other project your game comission takes part in.

JPH

Postby JPH » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:09 pm

I got ya.  Sorry for the expletives.  What's the definition of a non-resident land owner compared to a resident landowner?  How much time do you have to spend?  Do you have to have  a house?  Recieve mail there or what? 

Is there any other state that anyone on here knows of that doesn't charge someone out of state hunting in that state more money?  I can't imagine that there is.

Just go on the Mo. Dept of cons. web page and saw exactly what you are talking about.  I did not realize that land owners regardless of where they lived did not get free hunting tags.  I just thought that your license fees where higher.  (Which I believe they should be.)  I do think though that if you own land in this state you ought to have the same rights as I do.  Free hunting "Tags".

Sorry again for all of the confusion.  been a long damn week.

It's okay whubbard, we're cool.

The rule is that you can be a resident of only one state, period. So because I get my drivers license and mail in Iowa, I am considered a non-resident in Missouri even though I own the land. Last year a non-resident who owned a minimum of 75 contiguous acres, could get a non-resident tag at half-price. I think that has been done away with, but I did not look too closely because I only own 35 acres.

Bottom line is this, I work my tail off to keep the place and I have done far more for wildlife than the farmer who sold it to me did. But this year my turkey tag = $225. My bow tag = $225. My rifle tag = $225. My wife or kids want to hunt = $225. All on my own little 35 acres.

I'll pay it, but the issue I have is that when times get tough guys like me are an easy target. We get no vote on the issue even though we own a piece of the state.

whubbard

Postby whubbard » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:49 am

Man.  That is tough.  I feel for ya.  What part of the state is your 35 acres? 
Hunting, fishing, drawing, and music occupied my every moment. Cares I knew not, and cared naught about them. --John James Audubon

JPH

Postby JPH » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:16 am

Man.  That is tough.  I feel for ya.  What part of the state is your 35 acres? 

Harrison Co., about 5 miles south of the state line. Oh the irony!

Previous

Return to Missouri