Rocky Boots. Buyer beware

8uck5nort

RE: Rocky Boots. Buyer beware

Postby 8uck5nort » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:18 am

FYI - More on American Made

http://www.americanmadesupplies.com/
Veni, Vidi, Sagittam Mittere, now I'm ready for my nap :)

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:49 pm

I knew someone was going to wear their boots in the bath tub[:D] I got a visual of a guy in shorts just wearing his boots around in the bath tub  lol

I do appreciate the information. I didnt know those boots were made in china(like everyone else said so many things are) but waterproof means waterproof, not water resistant.
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:57 am

Anyone have experience with Muck Boots...I'm looking for a good pair of insultaed ones and have heard good things about them, in particular the Woody Elite boots...I'm also open to any other suggestions for a good, insultated, waterproof boot for winter hunting.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:47 am

I love my Rocky's, but have always bought Gortex/Cordura types...not leather. I must say I am not happy to hear that they did not respond to your complaints.  I mostly buy from Cabela's...they will accept a return on most everything.

dl744tga

Postby dl744tga » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:23 pm

Supposedly there is a new person at Rocky and she claims to not know about these issues.  Here is her info:
Christine Lawson
Director of Quality Assurance
Rocky Brands
37601 Rocky Boot Way
Logan, Ohio 43138
Phone: 740-753-9100, x2536
Fax: 740-753-5507
chris.lawson@rockybrands.com

Perhaps if she gets plenty of emails and phone calls, maybe they will finally address this issue!

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:36 pm

I bought a pair of the Rocky Ironclad boots for work over a year ago . I have worn them in rain , snow , etc and my feet havn't gotten wet in these . Made in China . I was quite surprised after the fiasco with the hunting boots !
Semper Fi !

kribbz

Postby kribbz » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:24 pm

Deanoz,
I own a pair of Muck Boots and I love them!  They are waterproof (meaning I can stand in the bathtub and my feet don't get wet!) and I they are extremly comfy!  I would recommend them to anyone! 

As for the american vs china debate.  I've got a few things to add.  I work for a company that tries to manufacture everything we can here in the states.  However, people vote with thier dollar and not with thier head.  I think everyone here is finding that out becasue what I'm reading is that most of you did not even know some of the things you owned where made in china.  I'm probably going to get blasted for some of the things I'm about to say but here goes: most of the propaganda about chinese sweat shops is just that, Propaganda.  What you will find is that the companies going overseas learned alot from the industrial revolution and the legal system.  Therefore they are bringing the hightech, safe work environments overseas to prevent litigation in the future.  The biggest problem I see is not the corporations, its the consumers.  They want the Escalade for the Escape price.  Corporations are for profit and if there was enough profit to be made here they would be here.  However, sometimes it is hard to be "competitive" and profitable in the US with the US consumer. 
   This is my rub with unions, (I am really going to get blasted here) but we are a union shop.  Like I said, we manufacture 95% of our line right here in the midwest!  When it comes to bid time I have to be either penny for penny with the next guy or lower to get the job.  Most of my competition has moved all of their manufacturing overseas and are certainly not union.  I bring it up in every negotiation, to every field electrician and thier project managers I talk to but it doesn't matter to them because i'm a few pennies high.  THATS THE PROBLEM. 
    By the way, I'm not trying to single out unions as the only problem.  They are just the one example of how 95% of American's purchase thier consumables.  Like I said we are a union shop and they have done wonders for many families throughout our history but things are out of whack bigtime!

boxcallkid

Postby boxcallkid » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:51 pm

Sorry............ Rocky boots= P.O.S! I had the same exact problem with mine (Corn Stalkers) I got a similar run around and have been bad mouthing them ever since. Never again will I get suckered into paying $129.00 for a pair of temporarily waterproof boots. I'll stick to my Lacross Burlys or even the Granges for turkey hunting thank you.
Like gramps used to say, "Why is it there's never time to do it right, but there's always time to do it over?"

metrx

Postby metrx » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:54 am

I bought my first pair of Rocky boots the year after the introduced the "Cornstalker"...has to be 20 years.  Ive worn them every year and I still have them.  The only think Ive done is have them re-soled due to wear and dry rotting.  Best hunting boots Ive ever owned.  I have a spring/early bow season pair and a pair of black Rocky work boots...no problems on any.
I agree, Goretex is the only 100% waterproofing.

DadsTackle

Postby DadsTackle » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:45 am

I bought my first pair of Rocky Boots in the early 80's and still have them. Had to replace the soles once. If my feet hadn't gone a full shoe size I would still be wearing them.

When it was time to buy a new pair there was only one mfg that I shopped, Rocky! That was 3 winters ago (I only wear them in the winter months) and they were wore out before December ended!! The uppers are great, best boots I've ever had.

Unfortunately the soles (which are molded to the leather and can't be replaced) are slick and have separated from the leather.

I called Rocky and asked for options, was told the warranty was 1 year; I asked for a discount on a new pair, no joy! I then asked for a supervisor and was told she would call me back, never happened.

Then I realized my original boots were made in America, my new ones were made in China, imagine that!!!

My next pair of boots will be made in America, any suggestions?
Dads Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to Clothing