Guillie Suit?

14milecreekbucks

Guillie Suit?

Postby 14milecreekbucks » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:56 am

I've been thinking about investing in a ghillie suit for the past year or so but don't know much about them. After reading Marc Anthony's article in the last D&D issue I think I'm ready try one out. I hunt a couple of areas that have been clear cut and I have seen some great deer their but there are no trees big enough for a stand much less hide behind just thought the ghillie might give me the edge. Any info or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

metrx

RE: Guillie Suit?

Postby metrx » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:31 am

Woods Walker...where are you?

Marc Anthony

Postby Marc Anthony » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:17 am

14mile, did you get the email I replied back to you? If not, let me know and I'll post the info here. Woods Walker will show up here sooner or later with his input! He and I are on the same page with the Ghillie business.

FYI, which article were you referring to? I don't think I have an article in the D&DH magazine lately? Do I???
"A fool learns from his own mistake but a wiseman learns from a fool's mistake "

14milecreekbucks

Postby 14milecreekbucks » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:54 am

I got your e-mail, thanks for the info, and you're also right it wasn't D&D it was the Mathews bowhunting magazine. Thanks again for taking the time to answer my question. I hope Woods Walker will comment as well he always seems to have good info and advice.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:05 pm

Whatever you get, make sure that it has a DETACHED hood, because an attached hood doesn't turn with your head, and many times when you do turn your head you are looking into hood, instead of what you are trying to see.

You also want to get someone to help you trim it so it won't interfere with your bow. I like to use an old knee sock with the foot part cut out of it on my bow arm to keep everything out of the way. The suit I have....the Rancho Safari Shaggie Longcoat....has built in adjustable straps on both arms for this purpose.

http://ranchosafari.com/index.php?main_ ... ucts_id=98

Color is unimportant unless you are using it to hunt turkeys, waterfowl or human beings.....[:D]

The main drawback to wearing one is when the squirrels try to run over you, and the birds start to land on you!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Gulfcapt

Postby Gulfcapt » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:42 pm

I know what your thinking..... Why didn't that (IDIOT) Just look under cloths before posting GHILLIE SUITS?? lol Im purchasing glasses along with the suit! Just noticed it WW and marc sorry for making u rewrite it.

Return to Clothing