RUT???

JonesnfoHunting

RUT???

Postby JonesnfoHunting » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:51 am

When does the Rut normally hit NH I havent seen any sign yet Normally where I am from you would usually start seeing scrapes at least and a couple rubs here and ther?

blueeyeddragon76

RE: RUT???

Postby blueeyeddragon76 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:47 am

well this year is going to be a little different then most years simply because of how the moon phase is .... that being said from what i can gather sometime between the 13-18 should be prime hunting up here ( at least that is the consensus among me and my friends)
ANYONE WHO TELLS YOU HUNTING IS WRONG... TELL THEM TO READ THE BIBLE:

Now then get your weapons-
Your quiver and your bow-
And go out to the open country-
to hunt some wild game for me

Genesis 27:3

JonesnfoHunting

Postby JonesnfoHunting » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:15 am

Thats what I figured I was thinking around vets day but I still should see some sign by now. Have you seen any sign by where your at? Where do you hunt out of? Thanks for the reply. Good luck 

blueeyeddragon76

Postby blueeyeddragon76 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:19 pm

I live and hunt in northwestern new hampshire, i have not had much time to scout, but it seems that the bucks are just now starting to take into chasing the does... i am figuring and hoping that between the 11th and 15th we will be in full rut and see the good activity we are looking for.hopefully the weather stabilizes a bit.. been chilly past couple of days but before that we had a 70 degree day... just remember that big changes in the weather out of the normal ranges can delay the deer activity.. so i hope if it is gonna be cool it stays that way... a couple of inches of snow would be great for tracking! good luck!
ANYONE WHO TELLS YOU HUNTING IS WRONG... TELL THEM TO READ THE BIBLE:

Now then get your weapons-
Your quiver and your bow-
And go out to the open country-
to hunt some wild game for me

Genesis 27:3

nhdeerchaser

Postby nhdeerchaser » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:04 pm

Hunting here in centeral NH, and I gotta tell you, it's definately the chase and seek phase right now!
A buddy of mine shot a nice 8 point on Halloween that had his nose to the ground and was flat hunting does, not paying a lick of attention to anything else!
I think we're gonna be in the rut quite soon, boys! The key now is to hunt doe travel corridors, or any area with decent doe activity.
Good luck to all my fellow granite staters!

Mike
You can't kill'em sittin' on the couch!

Return to New Hampshire