NJ Crossbow Survey - Interesting!

CONLEY14

RE: NJ Crossbow Survey - Interesting!

Postby CONLEY14 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:43 pm

MAN I'M GLAD I LIVE IN OHIO SO I DON'T HAVE TO HAVE THIS ARGUMENT, I SHOOT A CROSSBOW AND A RECURVE. TO BUCKMASTER107 IF YOU THINK A CROSSBOW CAN SHOOT FARTHER AND MORE ACCURATE THAN A COMPOUND THEN I DON'T KNOW WHAT WORLD YOUR LIVIN IN. MY BUDDY HAS A COMPOUND AND I HAVE A CROSSBOW AND HE CAN SHOOT HIS COMPOUND FARTHER AND MORE ACCURATE THAN I CAN MY CROSSBOW AND WE SHOOT ALL THE TIME SO ITS NOT LACK OF PRACTICING, ITS JUST COMPOUNDS ARE BETTER FOR ACCURACY AND DISTANCE. A CROSSBOW IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING LIKE A GUN, BUT IF YOU WANT TO DO IT LIKE THEY DID IN THE OLD DAYS GET YOURSELF A RECURVE.   

bigdaddygb

Postby bigdaddygb » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:55 pm

i used to hunt with a regular compound bow when younger. late in 09 i had a lateral tear in the rotator-cuff area. No longer able to hold a bow back I was more than excited to hear jersey was legalizing the use of cross bows. I use it all the time. now. My son wants one and he has shot regular bow as well.

krawiech

Postby krawiech » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:08 am

i had a permit to use a crossbow for over 5 years now i also have a permit to shoot from a standing vehicle i like the idea of crossbows because it will bring back some of the older hunters who can no longer pull a bow back and hold it ive also started my grandson and my great grandson shooting a crossbow they will be ready to take their test this year for you older hunters myself included especially those that are disabled again myself included horton makes a great aid for shooting and it can also be adapted for gun hunting its a brace thats slips over your thigh and its adjustable for height on the top it has a cradle for your shooting impliment the only adition i made to it was to put velcro on it hold the shooting impliment

Previous

Return to New Jersey