2011 Roll Call

DeanoZ

2011 Roll Call

Postby DeanoZ » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:05 am

Happy New Year all...figured since some of us are hunting winter bow I'd start the thread.  So I went out yesterday to the Flemington WMA and right off the bat got off to a bad start. [:@]  I decided to try a new spot using my ground blind, only to realize once I'd arrived that I forgot my camp stool...so I spent the afternoon on my knees literally praying for a deer to walk by.  Unfortunately no such luck...it was unseasonably warm to being with so I had t keep my expectations in check.  So the dry spell continues, I'm not sure whats going on but I've not seen a single deer on stand since mid october, while hunting in NJ...guess its time to find some new land to hunt [8|].  Good luck to all still hunting...Soxfan and anyone else wishing to join me, I'll be in Ramenessin the week after next (12-13 Jan), by then most of the snow should be gone, and hopefully we can try to get that beer we've all been talking about.

MassMan20

RE: 2011 Roll Call

Postby MassMan20 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:30 am

Happy new year everyone...
hey D...i still have not got to see a pic of your 7pt..post them!!!! lolol

soxfan

Postby soxfan » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:14 am

I will be able to meet you on the 12th and or the 13th...so far, that is, Hopefully nothing will come up. Rayningblood and I are having a problem seeing deer too. Now that the gun hunters have been in there the deer have gone nocternal. Rayningblood had 4 bucks come up to him last week but the light ran out.....then the same group came out at dark the next day!! Seems like we will have to go to Raminessin and hope they come out earlier there. We have seen deer EVERY time there so you should see some next week. I only hunt evenings there, so I usually get there around 1 but if you are going to go, I will get there around 12 so we can bullshit awhile before heading in.

DEERBILL

Postby DEERBILL » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:27 pm

Happy new year. Thanks for the invite, unfortunately I won't be able to make it up to grab a beer with you guy's. Please have one for me.
I'm not seeing any deer since shot gun started. All the deer on my camera, are there during the night. All the gun hunting has made the deer nocternal in my area. I am hoping that with gun hunting ending, less people in the woods and a couple of weeks of piece & quite the deer will start back on their normal routine. I like to get a doe for the freezer before the end of Jan. In about a week I'll try again. Good luck

Keep me posted. I will make it up there sooner or later for that beer.

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:31 pm

DeerBill will do! Sox fan count me in either the 12th or 13th. I'll know more by next week and we'll plan on meeting in the lot at noon...looking forward to it!

soxfan

Postby soxfan » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:55 am

Well Deanoz it looks like mother nature is against us. They calling for 10 to 18 inches of snow wednesday. If you are up for trying Thursday, I will give it a shot. I guess we will have to see how much snow we get. Let me know what you think about Thursday.

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:01 pm

Yeah I hear ya buddy, and I was thinking Thursday too, but from the looks of things it may tough going.  Let's play this one by ear and we'll make the call tomorrow afternoon?  I'll be online working from home all day tomorrow (probably).  Damn, I can't help but think this is just not in the cards for us, lol...screw that, we'll make it happen!

soxfan

Postby soxfan » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:57 pm

Well it looks like another windy day tomorrow so I will try for friday and saturday. DeanoZ let me know if you can do either day or some day next week.

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:24 pm

Yeah I saw that too, the rest of this week is out...but I can do next Friday or Saturday the 21st or 22nd.  I'm sorry dude, every time I think I can come up for air, something else happens at work [:@]

soxfan

Postby soxfan » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:38 pm

Lol, I know what you mean. I have my son next weekend. He is pretty cool about me going so I might be able to swing going that Friday. As soon as I see what mother nature has in store for us for that Friday I will let you know.

Next

Return to New Jersey