2010 Season Roll Call

DeanoZ

RE: 2010 Season Roll Call

Postby DeanoZ » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:42 pm

Soxfan, awesome and congrats he's a beaut...I'd be happy with that and I'm sure you are.  I get back with you, Rayningblood and the others after Ohio...we'll do a doe hunt somewhere!  Deerbill, you got the right frame of mind..and 40 acres or not now is the magic time of year...anything can walk on that property from anywhere else..ya just never know, so keep at it...find the spots the does congregate and you'll find your buck...nothing I'm sure you have not heard before.  Good luck all!

krawiech

Postby krawiech » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:11 pm

hi deano my name is hank i live in waretown which is in ocean county id like to come i hope its after my trip to nc for a deer hunt im leaving on nov 15 and returning on nov 21 im an alcoholic so ill only be drinking soda from my wheelchair in hunt in south jersey in the pine barrens hank k

Rayning Blood

Postby Rayning Blood » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:51 pm

Deerbill,public land is public land...just as much yours as theirs..sweet deer taken down by soxfan yesterday,like to run into his brother out there..then again,i dont mind poppin does either..everybody likes a nice rack though..good luck in ohio deano,nail a big one..krawiech,great idea stayin off the sauce while hunting in a wheelchair,i would definately recommend that...deerbill,you cant explain the heartpounding rush to non-hunters,its gotta be experienced...good luck everybody

soxfan

Postby soxfan » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:08 am

Krawiech I know what you mean about wierd antlers. I got a wierd one last year. 3 nice points on one side and 2 that grew backwards on the other side. Sometimes its because of genetics and sometimes its because the deer may have gotten injured causing uneven growth but unless you know the deer and watch its antler growth throughout the year you will never know. I dont eat the antlers so I really dont care...lol. I nice rack is just that, nice.

soxfan

Postby soxfan » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:10 am

DEERBILL

Postby DEERBILL » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:30 am

Soxfan Thats exactly what I see. Has to be genetics. I see 3-4 of these type of racks to every "normal" rack I see. In my case I hunt the pine barrens, Like Krawiech, and beleive its a combination of genetics and nutrition. Like you said you don't eat the antlers, no matter how long you cook those antlers they don't get any tenderer.

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:19 pm

Hey all just got back from Ohio and although I ate tag soup all I cans say is WOW!!!  The deer out there are PIGS!!!  My brother and another buddy of mine did a DIY on public land and to be honest it was still good hunting.  Some large, quality deer and huge tracts of public land to hunt.  My one buddy shot a monster 10 pt but we could not find him after 3 days of looking.  it was the biggest buck he'd ever had a crack at, at least a 170-180 class buck and every bit of 250 on the hoof...also witnessed by another hunter.  He ended up taking a huge doe our last day of hunting and I'll be damned if she was not the biggest doe we'd ever seen, bigger than any buck he's shot in Jersey!  We estimated her between 160-170 dressed!!!  Suffice it to say we'll be back there next year!  I saw a few shooters just never had any come within bow range...oh well, maye next year.  So I still have an unfilled Jersey tag, so I'll be schlepping back out next weekend to see if i can close out the year on Jersey deer.  Sox fancongrats again, well done...let me know what ya'll plans are for hunting and swe'll see if we can't meet.  Krawiech, welcome to D&DH, your most welcome to come along!

soxfan

Postby soxfan » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:01 pm

Hey DeanoZ, sorry to hear that you didnt get a shot at those big deer out there. Still sounds like you had a great time and thats what its all about anyway. I will be in the park Thursday evening if you can make it, let me know and we'll meet up. If not, good luck when you get out.

NJFIELDGENERAL

Postby NJFIELDGENERAL » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:04 pm

Hello, Im new to the forum and Hunting. First year and ready.. Boopie I think i met you up at Tom's

DEERBILL

Postby DEERBILL » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:56 am

NJFIELDGENERAL welcome.
Well all packed ready to go to West Virginia for Buck season. This is my annual trip with my father-inlaw. Will be there for a week. I hope I do better than I have been lately. Veterans Day had 3 bucks trailing a doe. The dominante buck was running the younger bucks off. Awesome thing to see. Well I had a shot from about 28 yards. Drew my bow back, center the 30 yd pin, felt comfortable, let the arrow fly, just as I let the arrow go I see my quiver, whick I had removed from my bow & hung from a hook, go flying. The deer mule kicked and bounded off about 20 yards. Oh no! Please tell me I just didn't hit the quiver. Well that is exactly what I did. Bent the arrow in the quiver. I went over to where the buck was standing. Sure enough there is my arrow bent in half. The arrow must of be tumbling when it hit the buck. Clean miss sort of. Hit him with the wrong side of the arrow. I wonder what that buck must of been thinking. What just stung me?? Well thats hunting. I will position the quiver closer to the tree next time. Live and learn. See you in a week, hopefully with a good story.

PreviousNext

Return to New Jersey