Warm weather cramping your style?

matterhan

Warm weather cramping your style?

Postby matterhan » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:51 am

It is for me.  Not too much daytime activity.  Seeing some rubs but not too many scrapes.  I know the deer are there based on trail cams and nighttime spotlighting.  Hunting field edges and staging areas there is little to no deer activity until after shooting hours, then i see some.  With this warm weather will we see a strong secondary rut?  I Hope its cooler for the southern opener.  I really feel that a cold snap will cause a explosion of deer activity.  It has been very discouraging, cheer me up please.  

nhdeerchaser

RE: Warm weather cramping your style?

Postby nhdeerchaser » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:19 am

Same here man!
The bucks are rubbing and scraping, but not moving much during the day.
I'm with you. I hope the cold weather will heat up the rut.

Mike
You can't kill'em sittin' on the couch!

Headrush

Postby Headrush » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:12 pm

Saturday the 14th I saw deer chasing both in the Southern Tier (Hammondsport - Steuben Cty) and up here in Palymra.  I saw ZIP on Sunday though.  It seem like as Charlie sas- When it hits 45-50 degrees they shut down.  I think he's right

Not to mention I'm sweating by the time I get to my stands, and thats never good even packing in my coat to stay cooler.  Definitely have been diggin the cool mornings far more than these warm afternoons!
As the Nuge says - "Hail to the Gods of Gut piles and Blood trails...I've got backstrap FEVER and somethin's gona die today!"

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:52 am

calling for snow this weekend
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

Return to New York