Getting close

msbadger

RE: Getting close

Postby msbadger » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:43 am

That's it...I'm chucking the no scent ...camo....stealth mode crap and going hunting with my DR mower!!....Holy kabowlly! ...I just Came  1ft from being jumped on by a really big doe  Image .....I was DRing the trails....before the rain and snow that's due....and coming back through.... on the big circle around the property I was making.... this doe jumps out of the brush and over the DR mower.....lands about 10ft away and stands there looking over her back at me...I hesitated for just a moment and kept right on mowing ....walking past her...I then looked back and there she still stood watching me...Well I now know what time they are moving Image Image

Then coming down the drive from that I look up and there is a turkey walking parallel to me in the field.....So I think we just may get rain /snow this is all at 2pm....I know beautiful day I should be hunting....but being very stealth for when the buck start moving is a bit more important...first week is just getting the rhythm of the woods set...Getting a deer now would just be a bonus

Past on a beautiful silver doe last night...broadside 20 yrds several minutes....she had come in with several doe and fawn ...that were all in range but they hung back and she was on full alert....they came in on my wrong side and then the wind blew in and she turned and looked straight at me....tail flicked and went into the woods ...the others busted out... but then came back and followed her ....no snorting just jumpy

msbadger

RE: Getting close

Postby msbadger » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:48 pm

Well snowed yesterday....60's today and 70's by Tues....all you bow hunters  be careful out there....fall turkey in our are just opened today.....[;)]....looks like the weather will be better for turkey than deer...I like to hang mine....buck hunting only until it cools down again....Good luck

Previous

Return to New York