Stupid ..stupid...stupid!!!

buckhunter21

RE: Stupid ..stupid...stupid!!!

Postby buckhunter21 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:08 am

Sorry to hear that, but what was posted earlier is true....It's a part of hunting.  Best of luck on your next go-round!
QDM!

vipertech

Postby vipertech » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:19 am

Msbadger....you're in good company.  On Monday Oct 19, I had four does around my stand.  One finally gave me a 23 yard shot.  I gave her a slight grunt to stop her and then took the shot.  The moment I pressed the release, I knew I missed.  I did pretty much exactly what you did.  I pulled the shot.  I saw the arrow sail under and in front of the deers chest.  Oddly though, I heard a loud whack.  Later on I got down and retrieved the arrow.  Only, the arrow was in many pieces.  It hit a rock or a tree root or something and shattered.  Thankfully, the broadhead was perfectly intact. 

My mistake was that I was too pumped up for openning weekend and I "snap shot" at the deer.  I failed to concentrate hard on "aiming small" and burning my pin into where I wanted the arrow to go.  Instead, I saw a deer in my sight picture and just shot. 

duckunder

Postby duckunder » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:43 am

Hey, if this sport was easy, nobody would do it, would they ?

NYarcher

Postby NYarcher » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:20 am

Although missing sucks this is one of the reasons we continue to go out day after day, week after week. The challenge is great and the reward when it all comes together is awesome. If this sport was easy there would be 5 times as many people out there.
Venison - the other red meat

buckfarmdude

Postby buckfarmdude » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:46 am

I guess that's about as bad as what I did two years ago.

I had a 35 yard shot at a big 8-point, probably the biggest deer I've ever seen while hunting, and the broadhead was not properly tuned. My arrow took a dive right in front of the deer. I was going to be a perfect shot, too. Big-time bummer.
Psalm 42:1 "As the deer pants for the water brooks, So my soul pants for Thee O God."

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:55 am

Sorry to hear about your luck MSBadger! You're right though in that it was a clean miss and he didn't spook too much, probably thought it was a squirrel or something messing around, he'll be back!

Marc Anthony I would definitely send that pic with your story to Muzzy, you never know, they might pay you for it. Muzzy, Bad to the Bone or Bad to the Steel!

Marc Anthony

Postby Marc Anthony » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:06 am

ORIGINAL: 69Viking
Marc Anthony I would definitely send that pic with your story to Muzzy, you never know, they might pay you for it. Muzzy, Bad to the Bone or Bad to the Steel!

69viking, I'm on Muzzy's pro staff, so I already sent that to them! They were all impressed but not surprised. They know what their broadheads will do but always glad to see that they hold up in the field also. Keep in mind that Muzzy Phantom I used doesn't have a bone chiseler on the end of it! It's just raw blade! If that doesn't testify how strong their broadheads are, nothing Will.
"A fool learns from his own mistake but a wiseman learns from a fool's mistake "

Previous

Return to New York