Finally Posting

grunt_doc

Finally Posting

Postby grunt_doc » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:29 am

Been lurking for a while, but couldn't hide in the shadows any longer.  I started to get the Chop House up and running again for the season.  I'll post some pictures when I'm done.  We can have 3 deer gutted in the woods in the morning, and packaged in the freezer that same night if we're running smooth.  I started to count down the days to the reg season opener a month ago!  Can't wait!

vipertech

RE: Finally Posting

Postby vipertech » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:32 am

Welcome grunt_doc!

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:18 am

Welcome to the madness! Is there a story behind your avitar pic?

grunt_doc

Postby grunt_doc » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:30 am

ORIGINAL: 69Viking

Is there a story behind your avitar pic?

Oh, you know there is!  My family is going on the 3rd generation of deer hunting.  We've always processed our own.  We have a more-than-make-shift butcher shop in the garage.  The giant #32 meat grinder is rigged to a washing maching motor from the 50's.  A belt leads to a cast iron flywheel attached to the grinder.  I'll take a pic and post it when I get a chance.  the thing is SWEET!  In 2005, I was stationed in Bremerton, WA, and got a phone call from home.  Mom told me what happened.  Dad lost a finger in the meat grinder.  I asked if he was OK.  She said yes, then I immediatley ased if they took pictures.  Again, she said yes (odd family).  Last lear I decided to make labels for our "butcher shop".  Since it is in the garage, and the house # is 126...Chop House #126 seemed to fit just right.  The graphic and the slogan are just the family demented sense of humor.  It was either going to be "Almost no filler" or "our skills are a 4 1/2 out of 5".  It's just about time to make up some more labels for this year! 

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:24 am

Welcome!  Looking forward to hearing more from you!  Sounds like you have a great tradition going!!!!
QDM!

Return to New York