please read

msbadger

please read

Postby msbadger » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:35 am

I believe I mentioned in here that a ECO told me at a bear meeting that he'd consider a small honey burn legal....well I called today to get info on life license ...Mr. B left me some money and said go get that and the bow one...anyhow found out you can be reimbursed if you already purchased a reg license...but keep your doe tags...or you'll have to try again....I'll eat the 10.00..

Anyhow I was still thinking about the honey burn and asked another ECO...he was on the fence...then called an ECO in the county I'd be hunting....he said definately not! it's baiting... so that takes care of that...now I'm wondering if the anise oil is legal...will find out tomorrow

JOEL

RE: please read

Postby JOEL » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:18 pm

i know scents are legal no food or salt allowed
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:51 am

Well guys ...I spent the morning talking to ECO's...

New law....you can use any thing less than 1.5 fluid oz as a scent lure....
Once you soak ...say cotton clothe.... it is no longer in fluid form [;)]...Was told that they knew of guys that would take there bacon(for breakfast) out and fry it up in the woods...sitting in there blinds waiting for it to slowly fry up....as long as you have food for human consumption it is legal and not baiting...but when finished the grease needs to be less than 1.5 fluid oz.

All the guys I spoke with were very nice and helpful...even when having different opinions...but I'm now squared away with both the Livingston and Allegheny regions ...so feel good

mightyfofaad

Postby mightyfofaad » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:15 pm

ORIGINAL: msbadger

Well guys ...I spent the morning talking to ECO's...

Was told that they knew of guys that would take there bacon(for breakfast) out and fry it up in the woods...sitting in there blinds waiting for it to slowly fry up....as long as you have food for human consumption it is legal and not baiting...

Very clever ... I know when I'm hungry in the morning ... the smell of bacon frying up would bring me in ...[:)]

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:32 am

I have found the best and easiest way to get the straight story was to speak with the DEC directly,they are not the enemy and most of them also hunt /fish.
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

Return to New York