Aug 17 is approaching fast.....

msbadger

Aug 17 is approaching fast.....

Postby msbadger » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:57 am

I googled ...NYDEC revised deer management unit map....some big changes for some and large area of no permits going out ....better check it out guys

JOEL

RE: Aug 17 is approaching fast.....

Postby JOEL » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:18 am

got that email too.my area has stayed the same,hope yall dont have too many probs
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

Headrush

Postby Headrush » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:12 am

could you guys post a link. I googled that and either whiffed or couldn't find it. Thanks!

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:11 am

Sorry headrush did'nt see this post until now...which is first sale day...so I hope you found it....Well here are the changes I will be making this year..

No sportsman tag  68 ^ 88

sm. &big game              29
DMP                           10
Bow                            21
Turkey                        10
                               ____
Total                          70.00

I dropped the fishing...went out this weekend and enjoyed reading a book while Mr. B fished...no biggy and I dropped the muzzle loading...So close to X-mas and so cold...well I'm usually really tired by then any how...no biggy....so I end up with a 2.00 increase ...instead of a 30.00 increase.

At least I'm getting my tags...went to a sporting store and heard from the owner.....some guys  with farms and large tracts of land are'nt going to even bother with buying their licenses...that came to no surprise to me...I wonder how big a drop in sales they get this year....

vipertech

Postby vipertech » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:43 am

I bought the exact same package as msbadger.  I typically buy the Super but since I also purchase my sons license, I simply cannot afford to shell out $196 for two licenses. My son will also have to get the $70 package.  We'll have to get the $5 a day fishing if we even go. I like fishing but something has got to give!

To add to this:  Next year, my other son will be hunting too.  I cannot imagine having to pay nearly $300 for hunting licenses.  $210 will be bad enough!

WayneL

Postby WayneL » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:06 am

Just another way to pay for the overspending by government. I've also heard from some local farmers that they will not be buying tags this year.

On another note, I was doing some work yesterday and came across this picture hanging in someone's office ......

WayneL
NY Hunter
Check out my hunting reports, pics and videos at:
http://westchesterbowhunting.wordpress.com

blehr621

Postby blehr621 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:20 pm

Anyone with young kids would be a fool not to spend the $300 now on the lifetime liscence. By the time they can hunt the liscence will cost that much anyway. I got the sportsman, bow, and muzzle lifetimes this year and my two boys last year for their b-days. Even if they dont hunt, I have lots of extra tags...
You can't eat the horns, but it sure is difficult to show off your meat when you have guests over...

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:28 pm

I purchased my licence today. Super Sportsman with an attempt for a doe $98.00. I hunt 6A and nothing only a preference point. Probably won't get another one until the year after next[:@] I did pick 8N for the heck of it since it was a high chance and got one for there. A couple of friends and I thought about making a trip down state to try to fill some tags since he got a DMP for there and has never shot a deer before but we never took the trip.
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

ZEEK

Postby ZEEK » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:00 pm

I just shelled out 290 big ones for a NR super sportsman and doe tag, I keep the receipt to motivate me to go get my money's worth. Big coin but I do love NY.
Not knowing where you are going is the best way to get
somewhere you've never been.

J. Peterman.

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:17 am

ZEEK,

What area is your doe tag for?
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

Next