Ithaca DeerSlayer Help

Headrush

Ithaca DeerSlayer Help

Postby Headrush » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:10 pm

Whats up guys/gals? New guy here...first time postig here and I'd first like to say good luck to everyone this year. Be safe

I was gona post this in the guns and ammo forum but thought that since Ithaca was "Local" for us N'Yorkers, you might have the answer. I bought an Ithace 12 gage pump gun last year from a guy at work. Has the rifled barrel and I was hoping to set it up for stand hunting. I have an 870 for pushes and still hunting. Anyway I bought Remington Copper solids (2-3/4"), Sabot Slugs, but they were so hot they wouldn't eject without really giving me a workout. The casings seem to be expanding and even though they load easy like sluggers in my 870 do, it just doesn't want to come out after a round is fired.

I figured the best thing I could do is buy 3-4 boxes of Sabots from different manufacturers and try them to see what it likes. Got 1 box of Lightfield's now but its tough to find slugs this time of year and at $15/box of 5 I want to pick the right ones.

Do any of you have a Mid-70's Ithaca Deerslayer 12ga. that likes a certain sabot slug?

Thanks to everyone in advance!

reeper0697

RE: Ithaca DeerSlayer Help

Postby reeper0697 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:12 pm

Headrush, Welcome! (even though your joined date says 9/18/2008)

I dont know if you did or not, but I would definately post it in the guns and ammo section so more people will see it.

Nice gobbler by the way! Where about do you hunt?
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

Headrush

RE: Ithaca DeerSlayer Help

Postby Headrush » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:18 pm

Thanks! Got him this season and the big one last year in two adjacent fields in Clifton Springs. This year and last are the only 2 years I've hunted it, so I guess I figured them out quick. This guy was answering another Tom and I heard them both from the truck when I drove back in. This one was closer haha

I'll take your advice and post this in the gun forum now.

Return to New York