I wonder

fasteddie

I wonder

Postby fasteddie » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:38 pm

I wonder how many hunters will apply for doe permits this fall now that there will be a $10 charge for each permit . I still plan to apply but I bet there will be a lot of left over permits ............
Semper Fi !

MSHunter

RE: I wonder

Postby MSHunter » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:09 pm

Hey Fasteddie.
You have to purchase doe tags? Doesn't your hunting license cover the hunting of does? Do you have to purchase a tag for each doe you intend to hunt?
Here in MS, your hunting license covers the doe or buck. Now, depending upon where you hunt or the particular season (WMA and early/late gun season), does may be off limits.

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:35 pm

doe tags used to be free now they are 10$.these tags are called DMP for doe management permit.you can take 2 anterless deer with a bow muzzleloader with your regular hunting permit.in total you can take 5 deer.in some areas they would let you keep getting free DMP's  until you took a buck.theoretically you could kill 100 deer
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

NYarcher

Postby NYarcher » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:06 am

I will buy my doe permits but instead of buying a supersportsman like I always have, I will piece-mail my hunting liscence. Im not going to get a couple stamps I usually do.
Venison - the other red meat

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:42 am

Same here...no fishing...turkey...muzzle....I hope everyone does this kind of thing and sends a message to the State....would have gone for the increase until they started charging for doe tags...and then insult us by charging the same to out of staters...sorry guys but We pay a pretty good income taxes and sales taxes year round...that out of state land owners do'nt

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:17 pm

I have a couple questions on this topic since I am not as well informed on this paticular matter.

Usally when I buy my super sportsman I get 2 chances for DMP's in a certain area and it is free since I am buying a super sportsman. It is hard to get them for my area but say in the draw I get 2 DMP's for 6A. Does this mean it will cost me another $20? If I get one DMP in the draw will it be $10? or is it only going to cost if I want to buy a DMP for a certain area that has them?

Thanks for any info.
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:21 pm

each DMP will be 10$ is my understanding no more free drawbut with the sportsman you can take reg buck,argherybuck/anterless deer,muzzloader deer
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

MSHunter

Postby MSHunter » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:19 pm

So, as I understand you post, your hunting license gets you two deer (Does). Anything beyond that, you have to purchase a tag, is that right? And when you tag a buck, are you done at that point, unless you purchase additional tags? How much are hunting licenses, in state?

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:14 pm

reg season....buck tag

archery only......one antler or antlerless tag

muzzle....one antlerless tag but you can use your unused reg buck tag or archery tag as well

archery/muzzle....one antler and one antlerless tag....

Then you can get ( in first draw ) up 2 doe tags that use to be free but now they are charging $10.00 a piece for....on Nov. first they open another draw for areas with left over tags and you can apply for up to 2 more doe tags at 10.00 each...also use to be free

seasons run....in southern zone....

archery....reg gun....muzzle/late archery..........This starts around mid Oct. - mid Dec. ....dates depend on the year

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:32 am

Ahhhhhhhh , what the heck . I have to spend my Social Security check on something ! [:)]...[:)] You folks keep on working so I can afford to hunt ! [8D]
Semper Fi !

Next

Return to New York