Fee increases

msbadger

Fee increases

Postby msbadger » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:00 am

Well yep this is going to be a be-ach session like it or not...We got the out door news and they listed possible tag increases..... if they wanted to loose hunters and increase ECO calls then they couldn't come up with a better plan....I'm not saying no increase but when they hit say the super sportsman with a 30% increase and start charging for doe permits 5-10 dollars ...depending on unit ...and the list goes on...they are out of line!

Why.... well lets see they are uping the cost of a trapping permit as well 16 to 21 dollars...yes 30% increase but they trap to MAKE MONEY....and nothing was said about nuisence permits...which has been a serious bone of contention with me for years...these bigger farmers are getting FREE doe permits then CHARGING hunting groups lease fees to hunt their property....If you don't think lease fees aren't figured on doe tags...basic hunt any time on farm land....to tag availibility IMO your nuts!....then it's not good enough I get my fishing tag...no now they want to add a trout stamp fee of an extra 10.00 dollars...and it's the only fishing I enjoy or usually do?  Now I hunt my own lands ..but what about you guys that have to go public and share that with all the ppl that are hiking walking there dogs biking the trails bird watching yadayadayada for FREE
 Then lets talk about the special use tax they want on all our hunting related purchases....because we don't pay enough tax like everyone else in NY [:@] Then lets discuss registration fees on boats and trails to go fishing BUT some guy that wants to start a BUSINESS and taking out canoes and kyakers(sp) don't have to register those water crafts or pay fees that help maintain the boat ramps and out houses put out there for them to use as we hunters and fisherman do...boy the ole anti's must be doing a jig as they watch us being boned....and skinned

JOEL

RE: Fee increases

Postby JOEL » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:17 am

write your reps and tell em No new increases.this isnt finalized yet.just like the pheasant plan.Im sure some fees will increase,they are also talking about a saltwater license which will kill the partyboat  business.And as for asking the bird watchers and hikers to pay be careful what you wish for.they pay, they are going to have a say, ya know what i mean?
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:56 am

Joel I do understand your point ...my position on ppl operating business on the outdoors sportsmans back..won't change...if farmers want to lease their lands then they should pay for doe permits...if a guy wants to start charging ppl to canoe and kayak hike ski state lands and parks...then they need to reg. and pay user fees

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:35 am

.if a guy wants to start charging ppl to canoe and kayak hike ski state lands and parks...then they need to reg. and pay user fees
Who is doing this?sounds illegal to me.
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:01 am

Glad you asked ...google pack paddle and ski of rochester NY...look under their day trips

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:12 am

pack paddle and ski of rochester NY
im not sure what to make of them ,there are several professional hiking groups out there .i wonder what the DEC 's take on charging a fee to use  the lands are.maybe they get around it by only charging for the guides?If your that upset by it i would call the local DEC office and ask

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:22 pm

The point is ------ they charge the fees to hunters and trappers . Hikers , bikers , boaters don't pay anything . Sooooooo , when the hunter pays for his license , the money goes various ways to maintain boat ramps , trails and various wildlife projects . The hikers , bikers , boaters , etc use many of the same areas and get charged absolutely nothing ...........
Semper Fi !

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:25 pm

eddie i get that ,I worry that if we let them pay they will want to have a say in how the money is spent and how the land is used.your favorite spot may become a mountain bike trail,get what i'm saying.Believe me it rubs me the wrong way too im just worried about  possible consequences of our actions

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:57 pm

Its amazing some of the idiotic things that goes on in our state[8|] But just what we need, the super sportman going up in price even more.
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:22 am

I talked to a local DEC officer last night while bullhead fishing. He said the super sportsman is going to be $88.00 this year.
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

Return to New York