dig out those pics

msbadger

dig out those pics

Postby msbadger » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:04 pm

Well another season is waining and I started thiking of past hunts....took out the ole shoe box and found the biggest buck I've gotten to date ...it was several years ago....never had it scored but got pics....never have heads mounted...perhaps one some day but not yet....this is my biggest bucks pic....what about yours ..I always enjoy seeing how others have done...enjoying their success as well.....

="http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/madbadger/scan0001.jpg" border="0" alt="Tinks 8pt"></a>

msbadger

RE: dig out those pics

Postby msbadger » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:42 pm

OK everyone hunting?...the reason for this post was I went to local gun shop on thurs. and went through all the pics of local buck taken....we N.Yers have some fine looking deer here....now I'm far and away not a rack hunter but enjoy seeing them and always hope that a nice racked buck graces me with a shot...you hear of all the "monsters" in other states and N.Y. isn't usually mentioned in the mag. and videos ...but I see in out door news and gunshops that N.Y.'s deer herd is pretty impressive

nysboss

Postby nysboss » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:50 am

Well, I guess it depends on where you go. Our deer herd here in parts of 7f is not nearly as strong as they say. I hunt different parts of this region, and am not really all that impressed. They need to hand out less doe permits to get things back in order. I remember even 10 years ago seeing 20 deer in fields around, not so much anymore. Unless you have access to private land, hunting is tough. however, there are some nice deer taken every year.   

stormshooter4

Postby stormshooter4 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:38 am

OK msbadger, I'll contribute. This deer I turned into my wallhanger. It has taken me 35 years to get one of this caliber. I got him @ 8:30 on Thanksgiving morn. He was chasing/harrassing hot on the tails of 2 doe. I had to save them.[:D]
  Note the bark around the browtines.

There's nothing like being in the outdoors. Work is boring!

active NWTF member

NRA member

Hardwater nut

stormshooter4

Postby stormshooter4 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:40 am

another of him.
Field dressed @ 150 lbs.

There's nothing like being in the outdoors. Work is boring!

active NWTF member

NRA member

Hardwater nut

nysboss

Postby nysboss » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:28 am

Beautiful deer. I can't wait to get one of these. I am patient, and sure it will happen. Congrats.

kennelboy

Postby kennelboy » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:08 am

Ok, I have to add my deer to this as well. like Stormshooter stated I am not far behind him, It has taken me 25 or so years to be able to take my  dream deer. Dont know if you saw the post I did "My Lifetime dream deer"
but this one is exactly that. It is at the taxidermist getting mounted and I cant wait to get it back. cant tell I am a proud hunter can you? [:)][:D]
Real nice deer to all.    
Be well and Be safe, help others less fortunate enjoy the great outdoors!

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:17 am

I see this is a NY forum, so I hope you don't mind me intruding.

This is my biggest buck to date (2003 gun kill, 10 point).  Probably in the 130 inch range.  I'm still kicking myself to this day that I didn't take some pictures on the ground with better poses.

Thanks for letting me share.

Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

JPH

Postby JPH » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:22 am

Okay now you New Yorkers are starting to make me mad! I check out this thread and I see that some of you (cough..Stormshooter4) have been holding out on the rest of us. [:D]

Please, please also post your 2008 deer pics on the Post your 2008 Harvest Pics! thread so the rest of us do not have to go all the way to NY for them!

And while I am crashing your party, I'll post a photo of my biggest buck. Nov. of 2002. He scored 166" gross.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:43 am

Lol...guys all great bucks ...and I suppose you outer staters can be tolerated...[;)]..lol

keep posting those best bucks todate and you NY guys start pulling out those pics...I know we have some fine buck here...[:)]

Next

Return to New York