So what management units......

reeper0697

RE: So what management units......

Postby reeper0697 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:30 am

NorthernVT,

Where abouts is your land and how much do you own? I hunting in the Stockholm area. Our family's land is around 163 acres or so and another spot I have permission to hunt is about 40.

My uncle (whos name the land is in) gets a DMP every year for being a land owner of that much property. But like you said it might only be for residents, I'm really not sure.
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

northernVT

Postby northernVT » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:37 am

Hey Reeper. I am in the northeast corner of 6A in a town called Westville. I have 132 acres with another 150 acres next to me that give me permission. I am going to read more into the land owner regulation a little more and talk to the local DEC officer about it. I do know that I have to work on the does though.

Thanks and take care.

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:53 am

northernNT,

Sounds like you have a good deal of land to hunt in the area, good luck this season and with the DMP's. I understand cooooompletely about the number of does. I always try to take as many as I legally can.
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

northernVT

Postby northernVT » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:25 am

Yeah. I am pretty lucky over there. I hunt with two other people, so there is plenty of area for us not to cut the other one off. Not to mention with all the plots, we have a lot to cover.
Good luck to you too.

beagleman23

Postby beagleman23 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:33 pm

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:36 pm

if you get the supersportsman you get a reg buck tag,a doe only bow/muz tag a deer either sex bow/ muz tag and then you put in for your 2 DMP dont forget that you can also hunt the early bow season in the adirondacks with any tags left over in september before the new tags come out.also some areas will let you kill as many does as you want till you shoot a buck
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:08 am

Well I got the NY Outdoor News and they'er talking winter kills....Just as I feared....So more than like I'll miss out on my 8X tag..but for some reason the kids always get theirs...one reason I don't gamble..[;)] I wish all in the catskill and up north luck

Previous

Return to New York