My lifetime dream buck

kennelboy

RE: My lifetime dream buck

Postby kennelboy » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:08 am

Stormshooter
I am with you all the way. I have told the story alot already, and it never gets old, still have that smile on my face everytime I tell it, and its even bigger when I show the pictures.
This buck as well was never seen by any of the guys that hunt the property. apparently a ghost the whole season.
Taxidermist said It would be mid summer (about 6 months) and I would have him back, so that is cool. Just will be tuff waiting him out.
Yes the property I hunt there is awsome property, but alot of it and tuff to narrow it down.
Nothing like being able to be in the geat outdoors and enjoy this great sport of hunting.
Thanks for the chat. keep it comming

stormshooter4

Postby stormshooter4 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:03 pm

Kennelboy
  Ask my other 1/2 about the stories. She knows them by heart[:D] and can tell them herself to others.
  Ya better shore up the wall behind the mount to hold it!
  I hunt on 2 non farming farms which I have exclusive control of during the season. Only a field separates the two and I have use of that too. I respect the landowner, his land, and his wishes which allos me to enjoy my season there. He doesn't like deer but relishes wild turkey so you know what I have to do during those seasons. It's hard but I'll suffer.[;)]
There's nothing like being in the outdoors. Work is boring!

active NWTF member

NRA member

Hardwater nut

kennelboy

Postby kennelboy » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:37 am

Again, I am with you on the other 1/2 thing, mine gets sick of hearing about them.
Yes I will have to make sure that my wall can support that thing. LOL
The land I hunt is all working farm land and woods owned by the farmer, and Believe me, I also respect the Farmer (owner) and his wishes. He has a strict rule for bucks of 3 points on one side (even though its not an antler restriction zone) he is a hunter also, so he's managing the property which is nice, I believe the adajacent land owners are doing the same. he also likes to manage the does as well, so it makes it a nice place to hunt.
as for the turkeys, he dosent like them so we can hunt them as well.
so any plans for the off season? Projects?
I have enough to keep me busy till spring turkey so I can keep my mind off getting that rack back. LOL 

Be well and Be safe, help others less fortunate enjoy the great outdoors!

stormshooter4

Postby stormshooter4 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:32 am

kennelboy
  Great weather has started, ice fishing season might start early this year. But it'll have to wait, 4 days of ML left to finish filling tags. Weather for Sat. and Sun. looks fantastic, plus the 2nd rut............I can only hope. Then I concentrate on hardwater fishing. Used to eb we'd be on the ice by 1/1.
  Are you sure that wall is beefed up? Those mounts get awfully heavy over time and the nails/screws start backing out. 
  Is the other 1/2 prepared to keep it clean while doing the other housework?[:D]
  The land I hunt on, they are a nusiance for him. The 1st week I started hunting there about 6 years ago, I actually put a ladderstand in his side yard. He had a 4 point which was chewing the heck out of the shubs in the front yard plus he was very daring, kept knocking the lawn decorations over and trampling them. I went after him daily using different places/hiding areas in the yard with the bow and 2 different days sailed my arrow under his belly. I seriously thought on the 1st day of gun sitting there and taking care of him but I couldn't see the owner not minding a gun blast 40 or so yards from their bedroom window. He said he wouldn't mind and if the wife jumped from the shot, it would only loosen up her bones, but still I couldn't bring myself to do it.
  5 months and turkey season!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's nothing like being in the outdoors. Work is boring!

active NWTF member

NRA member

Hardwater nut

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:50 pm

Congrats on a great buck!

kennelboy

Postby kennelboy » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:07 pm

Thanks to all for your comments and support, this makes this great time an even better one. I never thought I would take a deer like this and now that I have I am just beside myself and still smiling over it. hope to make great friends here.  

beagleman23

Postby beagleman23 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:05 am

Well, whats the rough score?  The shop should be able to give you the green score.

kennelboy

Postby kennelboy » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:44 am

Rough estimate is around 125 beagle, I want only going to say after reasearch 120.

Joe G.

Postby Joe G. » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:45 pm

Congrats on a beautiful beast!!!  I am still waiting for one like that and I have been hunting for 18 years now.
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

NRA Benefactor Member
NAHC Life Member

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:53 am

Nice looking buck ! I have seen some bucks with great looking racks in Mendon , NY during the summer but when deer season rools around , they go into stealth mode . That's probably why they live to grow the racks . Anyway , you have a nice looking buck there ! [:)]
Semper Fi !

PreviousNext

Return to New York