TAGS

JOEL

TAGS

Postby JOEL » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:56 am

well i ordered my tags the day they went on sale and they arrived yesterday.Im happy with that got everything plus my 2 doe tags for my area.I like having those extra tags to fill,i feel i can pass on younger bucks and not have to worry about shooting the first deer i see.I take a doe right away and it helps to calm the nerves down,anyoe else get their tags yet?
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

fasteddie

RE: TAGS

Postby fasteddie » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:03 am

I requested a tag for 8H and 8F . Got both of them ! [:)]

Michael Denehy

Postby Michael Denehy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:10 pm

I have more tags than I can fill this year.  I was approved for a doe tag in 3M (but denied in 6G), either sex bow/muz and doe bow/muz tags, and my firearms buck tag, plus I can use last year's bow tag for pre-season bow up north.  I cannot complain can I?

I feel that I can take one or even two does early in the season, fill the freezer and get the nerves setled up.  Plus I feel like I can take a smaller buck and without worrying about giving up on the chance for a big one.  It really is a great feeling and I am very excited about this year.  This will be the first year that I will use all forms of hunting weapons: bow; muzzleloader; and firearms.  Wish me luck!

Michael Denehy

stormshooter4

Postby stormshooter4 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:35 pm

It's the last day of NYS muzzleloader season Tues. the 16th. I have one more tag left to fill and then I will have done the grand slam of the season. 4 tags recorded so far and the last one I have left is either sex muzzleloader to fill.
  Took a doe last night at 90 yards with the ML @ 4:30pm. 2 minutes before official sunset. Cut that one close.
  The Powerbelt did it's job. Mushroomed real nicely matter in fact. She went about 75 yards and was down for the count. Had to skin her out last nite cause of the warm weather.
There's nothing like being in the outdoors. Work is boring!

active NWTF member

NRA member

Hardwater nut

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:35 am

so you got the sweep eh?congrats to you thats plenty of meat
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

beagleman23

Postby beagleman23 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:21 am

SS-
  How do those powerbelts group for you?  I gave up on them but now I'm thinking maybe it was the 2 year old pellets I was using causing the inconsistent groups.  I have since switched to triple f triple 7 loose powder with good results. 
  My son was open water fishing a bay up your way during the winter last year and was getting some good perch(numbers and size).

stormshooter4

Postby stormshooter4 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:17 am

Joel,
  Headed out this afternoon. Be out in the woods about 3 and see if I can fill the last one.
  Taking the meat down below the border and having this one processed and smoked too. Took some down a couple weeks ago, fantastic. So we'll do it again. Yup, the freezer is getting full. Might have to purchase another. My only thought now is a [:@]power outage.

active NWTF member

NRA member

Hardwater nut

stormshooter4

Postby stormshooter4 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:27 am

Beagleman23,
  I really can't tell you. I shoot 3 pellets along w/ the 225 gr. hollowpoint out of my .45. Must be it works. Where I held, I hit. Put one of those BDC scopes on but haven't had the oppurtunity to test it past 100 yards. Gotta get a bigger target down range, easier to see. Comes with age!
  Before season at 50 yrds I was 2"s high but out to 100 it was 1 1/2" high. Therefore I left it alone.
  Biggest thing I did while setting up the BDC was clean the barrel on every shot. Sure, it's a pain but the results were constant. We did our patterning in August. Not rushed at the range then. Vs waiting til almost season.
  What bay was he at?

active NWTF member

NRA member

Hardwater nut

beagleman23

Postby beagleman23 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:05 am

Irondiquot sp?  Bait shop and ramp right there.  Near a bridge.  20' of water. Live minnows.  Fellow employee went on ice and caught some also but didn't do as well.  He was shallower.

stormshooter4

Postby stormshooter4 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:36 am

Beagleman23,
  Are you talking above Rochester? I'm a long ways from where you're talking about the bay. Like about 3-3 1/2 hours away. Think Binghamton.

active NWTF member

NRA member

Hardwater nut

Next

Return to New York