New York Archery Deer Kills

Eslerman

RE: New York Archery Deer Kills

Postby Eslerman » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:52 pm

I hope the pic shows up in this.  I shot it yesterday in Allegany County at 1pm.  The middle of the day it was just out cruisin and it was the only deer I saw in three days of all-day sits.  Oh man, I love to hunt.  16 1/2 in inside spread.  Just like they say, during the rut, anything can happen.  It turned one of the worst hunting weekends into the memory of a lifetime. 

NYarcher

Postby NYarcher » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:24 pm

Nice buck Eslerman. Congratulations! Patience proves to be a virtue
Venison - the other red meat

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:13 pm

Great looking rack Eslerman ! Congratulations ..........[:)]

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:22 pm

very nice.love the snow
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

stormshooter4

Postby stormshooter4 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:07 am

Looks like it's all improving for everybody. Nice pics of the kills being osted. We can't say were not out there trying.
  I'm hearing of guys still not seeing/getting critters
There's nothing like being in the outdoors. Work is boring!

active NWTF member

NRA member

Hardwater nut

ArmyRXP

Postby ArmyRXP » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:40 pm

I stumbled on this page after watching the tv show so thought I would stop in.  Some of me and my buddies have been Archery hunting this year since Sept.  We are up in the north country, stationed at Ft Drum.  I took a 3 point 99 lbs @ 40 yrds Oct 17th adn a 5 point @ 154lbs Oct 20th both taken with bow and a Doe on the 30th Oct @108lbs with rifle, freezer is half full.  We had a unit hunt last Thurs and Friday with a 7 point @145 taken on Thurs.  So far I know of about 15 deer taken with bows up here from my hunting buddies.  I'm tagged out till muzzle loader, but will not be here since heading to Afghanistan at the end of this month.  You all keep up the good work and stay safe out there.  Will be watching for next years while over there so keep up the good work.

Gary

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:07 pm

hey gary thanks man for serving the country.glad to hear ya got some deer steaks.when ya get settled you can pm me or post to this section and I'll send ya some goodies [:)]
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:23 pm

Got a doe this afternoon . Took it to a processor and she's in the freezer now .........
It was raining all during the drive to my sister in laws . I setup my chair blind at 6 am . It's pretty cramped in that thing and I was still getting wet . Didn't hear much of any shooting during the morning . Saw NOTHING !About noon I headed up to my truck to have some coffee and granola bar . On the way back I grabbed my tent blind and set that in place of the chair blind . Much more comfortable .
Around 2 pm , I saw a doe and two fawns at the far end of the field about 300 yards away . The doe was working her way towards my direction . As she got closer she looked in my direction . I had that blind tucked into the hedge row under a tree with some brush in front . Anyway she kept approaching slowly then started to wander away from me . I stuck my Winchester 1200 out the window . aimed , squeezed . She ran off hunkered down so I knew I had a good hit . The fawns ran in the same direction . I only saw two deer come out the other side of the hedgerow and run across the neighbor's pasture lot .She was a good size doe ! Here are some pics ........

Semper Fi !

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:31 pm

1965 winchester 1200 with slug barrel , old weaver Qwik-point sight and Winchester rifled foster slugs . Shot her at about 80 yards . [:)].....[:)]

Semper Fi !

ArmyRXP

Postby ArmyRXP » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:43 pm

Joel,

Will do once we get there adn get a good address. 

PreviousNext

Return to New York