New York Archery Deer Kills

stormshooter4

RE: New York Archery Deer Kills

Postby stormshooter4 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:32 pm

It's about time Msbadger. I was begining to think I'd have to come out there and help the cause. It's about time you connected. I agree with some of the others, if you fell on something, a rib could be a tad sore, or the cartlige moved and twisted which could be causing the pain too. You ain't doing us any good all gimped up like that.
  I took a doe tonight. She was 35 yrds away but made me up in the treestand, when she stopped 75 yards away on the edge of the field, I took her down. Spined her right at the top of the front shoulder on the neck side. She went down like a sack of spuds. Looks like she'll be nice,tender, and tasty.
  Think I'll put the .270 away, it's getting too many deer. Time to charge up the smokepole for the last one plus practice for that season.
There's nothing like being in the outdoors. Work is boring!

active NWTF member

NRA member

Hardwater nut

Goose

Postby Goose » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:28 pm

Congrats everyone! Hope you feel better msbadger Image
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:13 pm

thats a good looking deer msB hope ya feel better soon.
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:16 pm

Congrats MSBadger ..... You Piffard girls are real tough !
Semper Fi !

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:49 am

Thanks guys....wow I over slept 5hrs today.....rolled out of bed to the phone at 8am...ya know up at 3 and showered by 3:30am is ...well...over rated ...lol...pain in my back has spread to ribs and hip...so I think the injury was a severe brused or pulled muscle....no deep breathing for me...yawning and coughing is ...kinda tricky to do as well...my leg's not as bad as when I rolled the 4 wheeler over me ...just blk and blue...hells bells I'm accident prone...it's almost funny...almost [;)]
 Guys at camp got 2 4pts...want me to come back down but I need a day or to to rest up...ha..which means ironing ...cleaning and unsticking the dang goats head from the fence 2x a day...lol..stupid goat!!...good luck All Badger

PS...Fasteddie... yeppers can ya tell I was a soccer goalie in the day...lol

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:53 am

Oh ...congrats to every one thats scored..we all work hard and deserve to fill the freezers

WayneL

Postby WayneL » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:54 am

Finally! I had a small buck come into shooting range. This is my first deer since October 20th. I normally would have let him pass on some of our other properties but it has been sooooooo long since I got something I had to take it. Also, with the town hunting program they insist that we take all deer that come into range. After going that long without any action he might as well been a 12 pointer (see big cheesy grin on my face!) by how excited I was.

*If you stare really hard you may be able to see the 7 points.
WayneL
NY Hunter
Check out my hunting reports, pics and videos at:
http://westchesterbowhunting.wordpress.com

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:58 am

nice i see all 7 ,if you dont mind what town program are you talking about?do ya got to be a town resident?westchester is tough to find access aside from watershed property and the rare landowner
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

vipertech

Postby vipertech » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:55 am

I posted mine already in the general hunting forum.  

kennelboy

Postby kennelboy » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:44 am

Here is the 8 pt I with bow. harvested him on 11/4. I shoot a Hoyt reflex bow, carbon arrows, and rage 2 blade.  

Previous

Return to New York