Westchester Bowhunting

WayneL

Westchester Bowhunting

Postby WayneL » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:30 am

I am looking for some other Westchester hunters to post thier experiences so far. I have been hearing mixed stories of some people seeing no deer movement (like myself) and others said it has been great so far.
WayneL
NY Hunter
Check out my hunting reports, pics and videos at:
http://westchesterbowhunting.wordpress.com

JOEL

RE: Westchester Bowhunting

Postby JOEL » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:02 pm

i havent hit my spots yet but will let ya know when i do.i hunt near new croton,muscoot and a some other spots[;)].been hurting real bad and the wife started a new job that has me driving her too.weather hasnt been to good either so i pick my days.
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

WayneL

Postby WayneL » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:16 pm

The first few weeks of hunting season have been very slow for me and my group. We haven't even seen any sign. No rubs! No scrapes! No cruising deer. Not even a tail running away because I got to the stand late. I can count on both hands how many deer I have seen this year. They will not move during the day - only at night.

Until today......

I am FINALLY starting to see sign. A few new rubs here and there. Still no scrapes and these are heavely populated deer areas. The surrounding residents always tell me "I seen a monster on my front lawn this morning" or "There were 12 doe walking in this afternoon" not to mention the countless deer we see every season but I just can't get on top of them. I had 1 good weekend where I shot a doe, a fox and passed on a bunch of other does and a 4 pointer so. Other than that (opening weekend) I have seen 2 doe while hunting and we are talking about 60 hours in the woods so far. I think, as long as this crappy warm weather gives way, that it will pick up steadily during the week and I think the next 2 weeks will be good ones. I am kicking off my gun season with a 3 day hunt on 4000 acres in the Catskills. Should be good timing.
WayneL
NY Hunter

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:26 am

good luck.my sisters say the same thing "ohh they walk thru my yard"they wont let me hunt it though[:(].
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

WayneL

Postby WayneL » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:10 am

Joel, I think it is time to hit your spots. I am finally starting to see movement. Deer have been up and about during the day. Looks like it is starting to pick up.
WayneL
NY Hunter

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:55 am

maybe ill sneak in tomorrow.thanks for the heads up[;)]

WayneL

Postby WayneL » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:11 am

[left]Here is my Westchester update. I have seen more bucks in the last few days than I have all year. I also shot a buck on a property that we haven't seen a deer on all year (I am not kidding). [/left][left] [/left][left]Food is a real issue. Everyone I talk to is complaining that the acorn crops are non-existent. This is making it hard for us to target the deer and get on top of them. It has changed there patterns pretty drastically on our properties. I hope we get some snow soon so I can get a better idea of where they moved to.[/left]
WayneL
NY Hunter

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:56 am

thanks for the tip wayne i have hardly gone hunting this year due to my injuries but my bow is in the car and i got some time available this week

WayneL

Postby WayneL » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:22 pm

Go get 'em!
WayneL
NY Hunter

chingascuk@hotmail.c

Postby chingascuk@hotmail.c » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:15 pm

I've been hunting the DEP properties in Westchester...Big Peninsula for one....I have had very few deer sightings and have seen very little  rut sign...I think the automobiles are killing the majority of the deer.

Next

Return to New York