Even a blind hog finds an acorn...

Squirrelhawker

Even a blind hog finds an acorn...

Postby Squirrelhawker » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:42 pm

Even a blind hog finds an acorn once in awhile. Finally tipped one over. Nice doe. Took persistence and the neighbor finally starting to chop the corn down. When I heard they were starting I got in the ditch line and waited. The combines were still idling at the road when two doe walked out to the edge and looked baffled when they got downwind of me. They stood around a little too long. I hit her a little low behind the shoulder. Took her heart out but left her enough lungs to get 85 long paces back into the corn. I was pretty positive I had her wacked her hard by the way she wheeled and bolted back into the corn. No hair or blood at the scene of the crime though. My buddy was down at the other end and around the corner a little and watched the whole thing. Hhe had already ranged them from where he was at 211 yards and was trying to get it together when I shot. He let me know when I got to the spot. (One corn row looks like another at 135 yards) I found the fresh tracks of a deer in a hurry and found blood about 20 paces in. Found her piled up 85 yards down the row. I can't remember a tougher season.

JOEL

RE: Even a blind hog finds an acorn...

Postby JOEL » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:50 pm

meat for the freezer congrats
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

DeanoZ

RE: Even a blind hog finds an acorn...

Postby DeanoZ » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:44 am

Congrats!

Return to New York