Opening Day!!

stormshooter4

RE: Opening Day!!

Postby stormshooter4 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:23 am

Way to go Ms badger. You've been stewing for the whole season about not filling tags. You might be on a roll now. I too only have one doe tag to fill, then wait til the smokepole season. Charging up the ol smokepole today matter in fact. Had to put the rifle away, it's gotten too many deer. Gotta break out the other toys/implements and use them too.
There's nothing like being in the outdoors. Work is boring!

active NWTF member

NRA member

Hardwater nut

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:06 pm

congrats ms badger you needed to catch a break
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:10 am

Thks guys...Ya I was a "Tad whiney" [;)] ...about bow season ...but that and turkey are what I wait for ALL year long.....just more "hunting" and feels like a acomplishment....gun season is more fill the freezer thing..if ya know what I mean......though that 6pt is the first deer with rifle and we had to drive all the way to PA to buy it.....have to get use to the no blood and can't find were the shot hit thing....my browning puts a rather big hole in the deer....

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:31 am

first rifle deer .whoo hoo. ya should do a skull mount
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:38 pm

My youngest son and I hunted in Geneseo yesterday . I had two doe within range but the horse barns on the adjacent property were in the background . I wasn't going to take any chances . We sat in blinds about 300 yards apart and it was ccccccccold ! We walked through an overgrown field hoping to kick something out and walked a woods . NOTHING ! Both places were like a swamp as the ditch must be dammed and the water has no place to drain .
We had some coffee at noon and went back to the blinds . Around 4:30 my son thought he saw something go across the overgrown field and investigated . He thought he saw a buck but wasn't sure . 10 hours in freezing temps sucks when you end up empty handed but we got to hunt together and that made it worth while !
Semper Fi !

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:33 pm

it sure was cold and windy this weekend for sure eddie

beagleman23

Postby beagleman23 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:27 am

I think you asked a question about 12ga vs 20.  I posted my reply on 11/25 under general topics as I could not find the original question after I joined the forum.  If it was not your question disregard.

Previous

Return to New York