Happy Valley/Parish, NY

MeatHunter#737

Happy Valley/Parish, NY

Postby MeatHunter#737 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:25 pm

My cousin applied and got preference points for 6K for 2 years...well he finally got a doe permit for that area this year. We usually always get lucky there during the early muzzelloading season and always see does there while buck hunting, (he did kill a nice doe there this Muzzy season) but went up 3 times for rifle season this year and hadnt seen a single doe, but I got a nice 7 pointer there on Sunday... swollen neck, rut like deliberate strides...very nice to see him so confident as he walked...but he was 50 yards away, and I couldnt help but ruin his big plans for the day.... 13 1/2" spread and very happy to fill my buck tag before southern shotgun opens, and possibley going buckless for that season...even though my cousin will be eating his tag this season....No doubt I will be getting a 6K tag for 2010, and hope my cousin can get a nice buck, and enjoy the kind of day I had...a 1/4 mile drag....LOL.......

Venison is the sustinance of Life.........

WayneL

RE: Happy Valley/Parish, NY

Postby WayneL » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:00 am

Nice buck!
WayneL
NY Hunter
Check out my hunting reports, pics and videos at:
http://westchesterbowhunting.wordpress.com

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:07 pm

congrats looks like it was hot that day
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

NYarcher

Postby NYarcher » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:26 pm

Nice buck. Congrats on a great hunt!
Venison - the other red meat

MeatHunter#737

Postby MeatHunter#737 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:16 am

Thanks guys.... it feels good going into southern shotgun with my buck tag already filled, going for a doe or two this weekend.... but Joel, it wasnt hot that day...it was a high of 49 degrees, but I sweated my A$$ off with such a long drag... this pic was taken at the truck, before the celebration beverage.....
Venison is the sustinance of Life.........

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:14 am

ahhhh was wondering why the lack of gear on
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

Return to New York