the night before

JOEL

the night before

Postby JOEL » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:47 pm

so does anyone get any sleep?i like to make some venison backstrap for dinner to really motivate me(as if i need anymore at this point)[:D].I constantly keep going over my mental checklist.how bout you guys/gals whats the night before opening day like?
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

DeerCamp

RE: the night before

Postby DeerCamp » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:56 pm

LOL... Im more like a little kid on the night before x-mas.. I toss I turn, I think I might get about 10 mins of actual sleep in. haha.. I just cant get it off my mind and I think of all the things that could happen... OHHH BOY DO I LOVE THAT FEELING!!
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:34 am

Well joel ...I don't sleep well anyhow so it's not much differant [&o]....we'll see tonight...[;)]
 My son just called ....drew first blood...with his bumper...or should I say 2x12 where the last deer out took out his bumper.... at least it wasn't the new side mirror that the deer before took out...ect...ect on a 2yr old dakota....2yrs.... four deer [8|]...oooppps 5 now.....count blessings he's OK......called to see if I wanted the doe....heres my jinks...I said no bow opens tomorrow....[8|]

The cold temps have settled in and now I have to check and recheck wind direction and speed to see which stand to go to....guys above us have been in the woods for the last 3 days placing stands and making scrapes....Mr B. stopped one and said... Theres no corn in that buggy is there? ...lol way to tic them off ...they hate having to be sneaker than ever... 
Well I have a wash to do...food to cook...using last of deer meat to make a big pot of french veggy soup...last nite I made goulash with it....put a little pressure on me [;)] wipe down all equipement...shoot a few times and thanks to a cold from being wore out.... cough drops to pack.......GOOD LUCK EVERYONE....Badger

NYSupersportsman

Postby NYSupersportsman » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:20 am

I havent slept much the last 2 nights. I can only imagine what it will be like tonight. It is the absolute best time of the year. NY in october you cant beat it!! Especially the view from a treestand!! I wish the best of luck to everyone and I will be checkin the site on sat nite for some pictures!!!

MeatHunter#737

Postby MeatHunter#737 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:29 am

I'm new to this forum, so when I found out there is a New York section I thought I would drop in.... I live near the 7F / 8F boundry and Hunt about everything from bear,deer,  early muzzelloader, bow, shotgun, and small game birds....but heres my dilema...I cant get out to my stand Sat. morning due to a wedding out of town, and theres no way I can get out of it....so it looks like my season is starting a day late this year... good luck to all those opening day bow hunters!!!!!!!!
Venison is the sustinance of Life.........

NYarcher

Postby NYarcher » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:25 am

Man you guys are talking about the night before, try the week before for me! This has got to be the slowest week of the year! deer vids every night, washed all my gear last night, ran my final checks on my bow yesterday, last of the venison to be cooked for dinner tonight, then the long wait till its time to get dressed and head to see my therapist, Mr. Monsterbuck. Talk about working myself up into a frenzy! lol Good luck to all of ya tommorow. May your hunt be successful and your bloodtrail bright!
Venison - the other red meat

Return to New York