Seeing any does

fasteddie

Seeing any does

Postby fasteddie » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:01 pm

I was down in the Mendon area Saturday and saw a total of nine doe (3 locations -not all nine in the same spot)  . It was between 11 and 11:30 am . I hadn't been seeing any doe in the late afternoon and thought they had gone nocturnal .
My sister in law in Geneseo said she had 7 doe cross her horse pasture lot in the middle of the day . She hasn't been seeing any bucks .
What are you seeing in your travels ?

msbadger

RE: Seeing any does

Postby msbadger » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:58 pm

Fast eddie thats all corn country...at least when I lived in piffard and drove through Macedon...have they cut the corn yet?....Here they cut it and the doe have now moved on to our land...plots getting hit hard..[:o]...Damn the late archery start..Ohh well.....scrapes and rubs showing up....

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:47 pm

None of the corn has been cut around here .
There are quite a few deer on River Road up around the Abbey . I think they are getting fat on the Monk's Bread !  I almost joined the Sportsmen's Club in Cuylerville but there was too much BS with that .

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:58 am

I remember some ppl in that area ...no surprise there...lol...hate this high school term but a tad "clicky" up that way [;)]...use to hunt the rail road tracks there...many a year ago....big buck and doe....did squirrel and rabbit hunting there....I killed my first rabbit on those tracks...with a rock of all things.....actually every wild rabbit I've ever taken was with a rock...my kids did'nt believe me until I took them out one day and they watched me take one...22rim for squirrel

Squirrelhawker

Postby Squirrelhawker » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:48 am

I have never in my memory seen so much corn planted. I truly believe it is affecting not only deer sightings and behavior but other wildlife as well

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:56 am

ORIGINAL: Squirrelhawker

I have never in my memory seen so much corn planted. I truly believe it is affecting not only deer sightings and behavior but other wildlife as well

Can you say ETHANOL !

Return to New York