New York State ECO's

JOEL

RE: New York State ECO's

Postby JOEL » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:29 pm

thanks eddie[;)]
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:24 am

thanks...mine are in my cell phone along with all #'s of ppl that border us

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:03 am

The only time I ever see an ECO is at the Sportsmen's Dinners . One of our ECO's is a die hard bow hunter . I bet they know where all the good deer are located too .........[8|]

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:45 am

Eddie ...I have one certain # ..because when I was nearly shot out of my stand and had to INSIST the the officer and state trooper riding with him...needed to leave their car...the ECO said "well how far is it" They need to come to see just how close I came to a slug in my head. I said well I'm not a small woman and in full gear so if I can walk 1200ft so can you!
These are the things this one ECO officer said to me
1. what do you want me to do?
2. No I wont go talk to the property owner...you don't know who shot at you
3. You know they'll lie any ways
4. You should hunt some place else on your land

I said this is the 3rd time ..what... I have to be dead in a pool of blood under my stand for you to do anything?  As it is.... I come in and leave in dark not to get shot....I have guy up hill from me...He has me watching his land to keep these guys from using it and possibly shooting some one on their property and getting on to ours from there...What!

5. this ECO said "yes you do need to be at least wounded"
6. What are you the land gustopol(sp)?

To which I said You might as well have called me a Natzi! I'm almost shot out of a 16ft tree stand ...before legal hunting hours and you add insult to injury? Your wasting mine and your time get off my property!

I waited a week  ...then called his BOSS...he ..boss.... apologized but still told me theyed do nothing until I'm wounded or can prove who did the shooting....PS woman up the hill from me was nearly shot out of her stand as well ...the ECO she called investigated ...so I carry his # now

I'm telling you if it didn't happen to me...I wouldn't believe it.... the lazy nerve of that ECO and the State Trooper never said a word until I said ...I know who shot ...just can't prove it and his gramma that sold us the land and his aunt refer to this guy as the family booze hound....then he said booze hound huh.....

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:34 am

What you should have done is -----
Told the ECO on the phone , wait a minute , I see the shooter coming toward my stand and then fire a shot ino the ground . Then tell the ECO on the phone , never mind , I got him . I bet they would haul butt back to where you were located !     
Just Kidding ---- I really wouldn't do that but you almost have to resort to this type of tactic to get anyone's attention .

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:51 pm

yeah that would work[:)]
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

fasteddie

New York State ECO's

Postby fasteddie » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:46 am

Here is a Link for the NYS Environmental Conservation Officers
Click on your region on the right side of the page on the link to find yours ...........

http://www.dec.ny.gov/regulations/393.html

Please do NOT reply to this post . Look farther down the board for the original . Thanks , fe

Return to New York