How is the activity???

matterhan

How is the activity???

Postby matterhan » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:00 am

Really seems to be picking up here in eastern Chenango county.  Found 5 fresh scrapes Saturday.  My brother found 6 yesterday.  He also heard a buck grunting too.  Deer are moving and things are picking up.  They are hitting food sources pretty hard.  Prepping for the rut I would assume.  How are things in your areas??

pointman

RE: How is the activity???

Postby pointman » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:31 am

Have been out everyday since the season opened and have seen nothing. Last season was just the opposite. Have no idea the reason behind it. I change locations daily but to no avail. Will keep trying.

ChasePhase

Postby ChasePhase » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:01 pm

Activity is ramping up. Action all around.
http://NYHuntClub.com
or Facebook us

mrk

Postby mrk » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:59 pm

in coloumbia county i saw a small 6 chasing a doe this morning. lots lots lots of rubs and a few good scrapes, had a spike 10 feet from the blind this morning before the gobblers chased him off a group of 6 big toms sat and fed just out of range all day long !!!
m.k.

nysboss

Postby nysboss » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:40 pm

The deer activity is really energetic here in Northern Madison county. For the past week deer have been seeking. I've seen an increase especially in buck activity. On almost every set up I have had at least one buck come in just out of range. I saw two button bucks pushing each other last week. It was kind of comical. Yesterday evening, I saw nine deer in less than an hour and a half. One buck came in nose to the ground and trotting. A buddy told me he saw a nice buck chasing every doe in sight on Saturday evening. this is the week to be on stand. I have seen many of the deer coming out later in the morning, and early in the afternoon. I have been staying on stand until about 11:00am. If possible I would stay on stand all day in your best area. -Kevin

DannyBouy

Postby DannyBouy » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:53 pm

I don't know where ya'll are from, but up here, we're seeing the start to what I think is the chase phase of the rut. We're seeing rubs and scrapes and seeing small bucks chasing after does. I saw a small buck chase 3 doe Friday afternoon. Looking like it will be a good week to hunt!

ChasePhase

Postby ChasePhase » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:31 pm

I tagged a buck during archery...just waiting till this saturday for the gun opener to start. Gonna get my hunt on this weekend.
http://NYHuntClub.com
or Facebook us

Rubydog

Postby Rubydog » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:51 pm

SE CT is and has been pretty hot. Went out this am & had a doe bed 50 yds from my stand & 1/2 hour later a small buck came in and cruised areound but did not find her.
Friend just came from butcher & picked up a 7 pt on way ( hit by car) .... They are moving !

kinghillwhtail

Postby kinghillwhtail » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:26 pm

Activiity at my place, Schuyler County, started Oct. 28. Harvested nice 2.5 yr old 8 pt dressed 173 on 30th chasing a doe. Fri. nov 5 had another 2.5 in lockdown with a doe in back yard. Sat 6 he was done with her by pm went under my stand whith my son. When we came in had a nice buck chasing 3 does in back yard. almost got run over by all four at 3.5 yards. my 11 yr old was a little shook. The "freight train" was in high gear when they passed by. This past week has been slow, does feeding and bucks just out looking.

habitatmanager

Postby habitatmanager » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:20 am

Bigger bucks have finally started to make daylight appearances checking does last weekend, looks like some actual chasing is starting, not just the young dunb ones. Had 12 pics of the buck i was able to harvest and none were in daylight the 13th pic was at 930am the day before i tagged him. Should be a great week of bow left and 1st weekend of gun, then if you don't have a hot doe around you probably won't see a good buck. Best of luck to all of you!

Next

Return to New York