HELP. . need a new place to hunt !?

chazzx11

HELP. . need a new place to hunt !?

Postby chazzx11 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:16 am

Hey yall , im from ALEXANDER COUNTY NC. I have got to switch my hunting place up for this year and was wondering if anyone new if there is any place near ALEXANDER COUNTY NC ( close ) that i would be able to hunt at ? My computer is acting up so if any suggestions please reply here and email me at chazzx11@yahoo.com . ( looking for land to lease near alexander county nc )

DeerCamp

RE: HELP. . need a new place to hunt !?

Postby DeerCamp » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:19 am

Hmm well Im from Michigan.. And around here we have PLOT books.. They tell who owns what land and so on. I would see if your state has one, and Id buy it. This way you can at least hunt public land if worse comes to worse. Even with this if you see a bunch of deer ina  field you could always find out who owns it and knock on their door.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Robbiecd

RE: HELP. . need a new place to hunt !?

Postby Robbiecd » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:23 am

If you haven't looked at the NCWRC web site, you should do so.  There are public game lands throughout the state that are hunted relatively lightly.  The pdf maps are within the web site.  I think you can order a game lands map book for a small cost.  There are also opportunities to hunt private properties if you have the time and courage to ask around.  This is harder than it sounds, but usually productive for the persistent.
Hunt Early, Fish Often

Return to North Carolina