Sunday Hunting

coach

RE: Sunday Hunting

Postby coach » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:01 pm

Here in Ontario....there are some counties open...and others that arent'. 
I shouldn't say hunting is close on Sundays....I should say, no discharge of firearms on Sundays for some counties.

It Sucks.  My daughters has swimming lesson and dance lesson on Saturdays.  So Sunday would be good for me.

Hopefully one day.

Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

vipermann7

Postby vipermann7 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:29 pm

I live in wisconsin, and we have always been able to hunt on sundays. well, "always" meaning as long as i have hunted we always could. anyway, i dont agree with the laws prohibiting sunday hunting. for one, i thought the government has a huge beef with mixing religion and state, so why is the state telling you when you can do something or not do it, based on a religious reasoning? secondly, i just dont think that there should be laws telling you not to do something just because it is sunday. when us hunters are forced to go to church because we cant hunt, we sit in church and think about hunting. when us hunters go hunting, any day of the week, we sit and spend a good part of that time praying. God doesnt care where you do your praying. heck, isnt 15 feet in the air just that much closer to Him? All He wants is for us to talk to him now and then. if some of us want to spend a few weeks doing that from a tree stand, i really dont think He minds. and even if He does, is it really the state's place to forbid us from hunting over it? if youre going to do that, then you also better close every single store, because working on Sunday isnt allowed either. include the tithe in with the taxes, because you have to be forced to pay that too. i mean really, where does it end, and who's deciding what "rules" to enforce and which ones not to? i just dont agree with it. of course, im also of the feeling that "church" isnt really what it used to be, and isnt what it was meant to be these days. but, thats a different discussion.

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:11 pm

I am also from Wisconsin and as vipermanmann7 said we are allowed to hunt on Sunday's.  I think its your own choice.  If you want to go to church instead of hunting then that's your choice.  My grandpa never misses church unless he is sick or can't get there but opening weekend of gun season he would miss because it was opening weekend.  I always say a prayer when I'm in the treestand praying that I have a safe hunt and if I get a deer its a bonus.  God is always with me.

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:24 pm

I wouldnt be to happy if Michigan made a law that says I cant hunt on Sundays.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Haywood

Sunday Hunting

Postby Haywood » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:21 pm

Does anyone know the deal about hunting on Sunday? I know that the NC wildlife board voted to allow bowhunting on Sundays on private land but i'm not sure whether or not it will go into effect this season. Can anyone shed some light on this topic?

Haywood

Postby Haywood » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:21 pm

NC Wildlife sent an email out today stating that the new rules from the March Committee meeting will not go into effect this season. These rules can not go into effect until it is reviewed by the Legislature next year. This means no Sunday bowhunting this season. Too bad, hopefully next season.

Cut N Run

Postby Cut N Run » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:47 pm

It does not crush me that hunting is not permitted on Sundays.  I would go if the law were passed, but I also enjoy being able to safely walk in the woods without fear of messing up someone else's hunt.  My wife enjoys riding her horse out & about through the woods & fields in the Fall.  Even though it is difficult to confuse a horse & rider with a deer, having no hunting on Sundays guarantees her (and her horse's) safety. Time will tell if the rules change and I could live with it either way.  I believe the season is long enough, and deer are so plentiful, that there is plenty of opportunity for a hunter to be successful hunting deer.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad

Previous

Return to North Carolina