Sunday Hunting

bckklr

RE: Sunday Hunting

Postby bckklr » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:16 am

my church is nothing but gods superior creation THE GREAT OUTDOORS (of course dont let me offend anyone you know each to his own) as for the wife shes @ the house year round the rut is as mr al would say 20 days of bliss she'll get over the vacant spot on the couch hel%# she should be used to that empty couch, i turkey hunt also  
adapt & overcome

hoosierhuntercustomcalls.com

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:17 am

Great question,

One of the places I hunt was a no Sunday hunt, but that got changed. I'm with on the weekend being the only time you got.

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:18 am

If it is a church thing, I think it shouldn't matter where you pray, the woods or a man made building.

dtrain56

Postby dtrain56 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:49 am

I really don't get the no hunting on sunday, it really sucks.  It should be your choice to hunt on sunday or not...the hunting season is basicly cut in half. for those who can't hunt during the week.

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:19 am

So much for separation of church and state.  Seriously though, when I was growing up Missouri was like that for shopping, stores couldn't be open on Sundays.  I think they called them Blue Laws. That of course has changed.

I agree with you, doesn't make much sense to me that you cannot hunt on Sundays.  Write your legislature.

That being said, we don't hunt on Sunday (for deer).  We don't process our own deer and the meat packing place isn't open on Sundays.  So if we shot something on a Sunday we'd have to wait until Monday to take it in for processing, and we usually don't schedule a vacation day on Mondays.

When we get running water I think I'd like to butcher my own deer, but until then somebody else will be doing it.

Greg Mauser

Postby Greg Mauser » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:37 am

The Christian Sabbath used to be observed not only with respect to Hunting, but ALL recreation and work. The puritans pulled this doctrine from the Fourth Commandment. Remember back years ago, in the 30s and 40s, when everything shut down on Sunday?

Historic protestant theology would argue that God is unchangeable and His commandments therefore are unchangeable so the Fourth Commandment is still binding (you can't murder people or steal, either - Thou Shalt Not Murder is still binding).

It is interesting to note that while many on the "conservative" side of the aisle scream bloody murder when the courts take the Ten Commandments out of the courts, schools and legal system, many turn around and throw the Ten Commandments out the window in their daily lives or when opening weekend arrives.

Of course, the puritans were definitely deer hunters and were proficient with firearms as they did live off the land much more closely than we do today. For them deer hunting was a necessity while for us it is a pasttime.

Instead of saying, Why can't I hunt on Sunday? The puritans would have asked, God, why do you give us a full six days each week to hunt, when what we really deserve is your wrath?

shaman

Postby shaman » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:38 am

Having a screwed-up no Sunday hunting rule caused me to stop hunting in Ohio, where I'm a resident, and move all my hunting to Kentucky.    They eventually fixed it, but it was too late. I'd already bought property across the river. 

I heard all kinds of excuses for it:

1)  It allowed farmers to go to church and not worry they'd be poached.
2)  It allowed city people a day in the country without worrying about being shot.
3)  It gave the game a chance to rest

. . . and even more inane stuff.  It was just wrong. 
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

bckklr

Postby bckklr » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:39 am

hey win33 why dont you start hunting on sundays & when/if you take a deer on sunday give it to a needy family im sure they will cut it up just to catch a break on the grocery bill hey they might have running water so you could @least wash your hands after gutting it

oh yeah i pray everytime im in the woods even if its not sunday i pray something will hurry up & come strollin by so i @least have something to look @ evn if it aint a shooter
adapt & overcome

hoosierhuntercustomcalls.com

ranwin33

Postby ranwin33 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:00 am

ORIGINAL: bckklr

hey win33 why dont you start hunting on sundays & when/if you take a deer on sunday give it to a needy family im sure they will cut it up just to catch a break on the grocery bill hey they might have running water so you could @least wash your hands after gutting it

oh yeah i pray everytime im in the woods even if its not sunday i pray something will hurry up & come strollin by so i @least have something to look @ evn if it aint a shooter

We give a deer or two every year to Share the Harvest through the state of Missouri at the processing facility where we drop our deer.  I don't live where I hunt so I don't know of any needy families I could just drop a deer off with, and it would be my guess most families in our area hunt anyway so they really don't need my deer, they'll get their own.  We've offered deer to a few of the older farmers in our area, but they had no interest.  It was a good thought though.

otwitw

Postby otwitw » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:14 am

I dont think there is a better place to be with god and pray than the outdoors.
Its peaceful with no distractions, and you get to enjoy his creations at the same time.
I just connect better, if that makes sense.
Just my opinion.
->>>----------->

Next

Return to North Carolina