Omish ?

blueeyeddragon76

RE: Omish ?

Postby blueeyeddragon76 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:05 pm

don't mean to amke you feel bad.. but sure glad i don't have that problem up here....good luck!
ANYONE WHO TELLS YOU HUNTING IS WRONG... TELL THEM TO READ THE BIBLE:

Now then get your weapons-
Your quiver and your bow-
And go out to the open country-
to hunt some wild game for me

Genesis 27:3

tagged out

Postby tagged out » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:36 am

When I hunt In WV (Wheeling area) I know of a large farm that lets the Amish hunt the property. When my buddy and I get a our deer early we like to drive around to and see what’s going on in the area regards to hunting pressure and what kind of deer have been taken. When we drive by this farm we see about 30 Amish hunters pushing the deer all over this farm and shooting what ever steps out. They have a hay trailer and it’s loaded with deer by days end. I wouldn’t want them hunting next to me, but I do understand they are hunting to feed their families.

I guess you will have to post your property, let them push the deer to you!

Good luck buddy

LongCut

Postby LongCut » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:00 pm

I have had, and been told of numerous bad experiences with the Amish around where I hunt in Ohio. I'm not speaking abfout all of them, just those that I have run into or friends have run into problems with.

A general rule of these Amish (not sure if they are different in different places) they go wherever they want, whether it is their land or not, and kill whatever they want. I have never heard of any sort or QDM practiced by them, as they seem to be hunting to feed themselves. The trespassing is the part that gets me the most.

One guy a know has put tons of time and money into managing his place for deer/turkey/waterfowl, and it is overrun with Amish during gun season.

Another fella I know is part owner, and operates almost 1K acres in the middle of a heavily Amish populated area. He has literally gone to thier homes and asked them to hunyt elsewhere, as they do not have permission to be on the land, but they continue to do what they want.

It seems that they prefer to do drives as well. While hunting a large chunk of public land, I witnessed a huge drive come right by me. I was about 25' up a tree and saw the army of orange advancing through the woods. As they got closer I saw blue jeans and chinstraps, and knew exactly what was going on.

It seems as though they drive (or are driven by normal folk) around the from area to area, until they have killed, or pushed every deer to thenext county. Then they probably go to that county and trespass on someone elses land.....

ishman

Postby ishman » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:32 pm

I live and hunt in Pa. But we also have a very large amish population. Its pretty well known around these parts that anywhere amish live that the deer populations are low. I once saw a buggy at night with two young boys in the back with bows and a spotlight. I wonder how they ran that spotlight. Was it horsepower.....  A buddy of mine says that he sees lights and hears gunshots at least 3 times a week from the amish farm behind his house. Its rediculous. It seems they can do whatever they want with no consequences. An entire amish family recently relocated close to a nearby lake. It isnt worth your time fishing it anymore. They keep anything. I mean even little dink bluegills. They are outta control and something needs done about it 

motorbreaker

Postby motorbreaker » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:09 pm

Its been less then a year since they moved in behind me.
Since then other familys of amish have been buying up
land all over around here.
I'm already seeing a decline in eer numbers. I'm screwed.
I put my house up for sale, hope to sell it soon.

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:14 pm

It's sad that they don't care about the deer herd at all.  My grandparents own a 300 acre farm and the amish are known for walking on it and such.  What really gets me mad is that now the amish neighbors are asking my grandpa if he is going to sell the farm and land and if he is, that they have a amish guy who would love to buy it.  I know for a fact that my grandparents farm won't get sold to those idiots!
Scott

Previous

Return to Ohio