Ohio Public Hunting Land - Info & Maps

FFKEVIN

Ohio Public Hunting Land - Info & Maps

Postby FFKEVIN » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:12 pm

[font="Tahoma"]Here is a link for info and maps on Ohio's Public Hunting Land

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Home/wild_resourcessubhomepage/WildlifeAreaMaps/tabid/19694/Default.aspx[/font]
�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

Cary

RE: Ohio Public Hunting Land - Info & Maps

Postby Cary » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:53 am

I hunt private property near Leeseville Lake. The land owner is sick and tired of the people tresspassing,poaching and leaving trash all over. This year, there are postings on the property lines. I hope the land owner doesn't catch anyone this time. I hear that shots WILL be fired.
Why is it that people think that a posting sign means nothing?
I was wondering, is there a map out there that shows property boundry lines? I've triied Google.
DO u SEE
Level 3 IR

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:07 am

[font="Tahoma"]Where I hunt (Delaware & Jackson counties) the county auditor usually has the maps with boundaries on their web site. I looked up the Carroll County auditor and they have Real Estate info but no maps.

You could probably go to the Carroll County auditor's office in person and request a map, since it is a public record.

Other than that, I don't know where you could find it.[/font]
�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

Bucked

Postby Bucked » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:19 pm

Thanks FFKEVIN for the maps, I am still waiting for them to put one up for Fernwood State Forest by my house, its a few thousand acres but no maps! I dont know who runs it exactly but there are 10 trucks there during the week and enough equipment in the compound to build the pyramids but it never gets used and i never see anyone working out there? Its a shame cause it could be top notch with the right people in place.

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:14 pm

ORIGINAL: Bucked

Thanks FFKEVIN for the maps, I am still waiting for them to put one up for Fernwood State Forest by my house, its a few thousand acres but no maps! I dont know who runs it exactly but there are 10 trucks there during the week and enough equipment in the compound to build the pyramids but it never gets used and i never see anyone working out there? Its a shame cause it could be top notch with the right people in place.

[font="Tahoma"]No problem. Here is some info I found on Fernwood State Forest. You could also contact ODNR and see if they could send you a map.

I hope it helps...

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/forests/fernwood/tabid/5152/Default.aspx

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Portals/18/forests/pdf/fernwoodsf_map.pdf[/font]

RedBud

Postby RedBud » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:35 pm

The tax maps will show who owns what property and some indication of the boundaries. They can be obtained at the county court house for a small fee.

kellory

Re: Ohio Public Hunting Land - Info & Maps

Postby kellory » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:10 pm

The platt books will show the boundries of all registered land plots. It is what they refer to when they research land sales. They are open to the public during normal working hours. I believe they allow copies to be made. Also county engineers office should have good maps for any given area. Each map section has a name. and maps can be purchaced on line at many different scales.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Return to Ohio