Wolves in Ohio?

Ohio farms

Wolves in Ohio?

Postby Ohio farms » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:12 am

Just read an article in the Cleveland Plain Dealer this morning that told of a wolf that was shot in sandusky county. It was spotted in a small pack within a couple hundred yards of a local school. The man went home and returned with a rifle and shot the larger of the group. Turned out to be a 120 lb. hybred wolf. Game officials believe it to be a wolf that was either released or excaped from a private home. Wildlife officals stated that they have recieved at least a half dozen reports of wolves being spotted in a 20 mile area around sandusky county. The wildlife official further stated, that "from reports I get, the wolves are not afraid of people or very aggressive.  I would not want to go face-face with a wolf of that size and not be armed".  Hmmm.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

freak nasty 145

RE: Wolves in Ohio?

Postby freak nasty 145 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:17 am

Ohio farms, My in-laws or (out-laws) HA! used to live in the Mentor area years ago. Now they live in Zanesville,Oh. where they are from. I did read that story and found it interesting. I live in sw. Ohio and have always wondered why there isn't wolves in ohio. Wayne national forest and other forest would be good for them. BUT it would hurt deer hunting very badly. Just look what they are doing to the elk population out west. We don't need them here in our state. Coyotes already take care of that along with poachers. Have a good one!!
"Any sportsman who can kill his deer without the tingling spine, the quick clutch at his heart, the delicious trembling of nerve fibers when the game is finally down, has no place in the deer woods." Lawrence R. Koller. (1948).

Return to Ohio