geauga harvest prediction realized

epd68

geauga harvest prediction realized

Postby epd68 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:32 pm

my recent observations about deer activity in geauga county appear to be verified by the odnr which stated this week that the geauga county harvest totals are exactly half of what they were in 2008.....the odnr spokesman said something is happening in geauga county????? suggesting that the deer numbers may have declined ......i have a simpler explanation IT WAS JUST TOO HOT FOR NORTHEAST OHIO DEER TO MOVE DURING THE DAY!!!!!.....i am not a biologist but this section of the state does not normally have 60 and 70 degree days in november ....the odnr stated that deer harvests in the central and southern part of the state were close to normal .....these central/southern counties are consistently warmer than the northern ohio counties which have lake effect snow storms in november...central/southern ohio deer do not have a problem moving in warmer temps simply because they live in a consistenly warmer climate (no i do not believe in global warming,santa clause or the browns ability to win the superbowl....all science fiction)....i took a nice buck on opening day gun due to a significant drop in temperature and the pressure of all the part time hunters walking around shooting at nothing and making every imaginable noise,odor and disturbance (thanx guys)....take heart geauga bowmen next year if the temps drop nicely i predict a record harvest of surplus deer...if they dont move you cant nail them (unless your last name is benoit)   

Return to Ohio