success snatching victory from the jaws of defeat

epd68

success snatching victory from the jaws of defeat

Postby epd68 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:08 am

well it wasnt a bow kill but the ohio shotgun opening day salvaged my lackluster season with the largest buck i have ever taken (gross 140 ithink) @ 410pm on opening day. usually i dont see a deer on opening day i hear shots ,watch multitudes of hunters walk through my private land spots ,and have an uneventful day. yesterday changed all that ....the snow was a welcome sight and just as i was settling into my heaterbodysuit for a long winters nap i saw movement to my left .....a buck ...a real nice buck 40 yards quartering away.....i silently exited my snow covered heaterbodysuit and was glad that i maintained my bowhunting discipline of wearing scentlock and silver scent control garments because this 4.5 year old buck was directly downwind. the buck dropped within sight of my stand and was kind enough to run towards where i exit the property( full service is when your buck drags himself to the truck). a quick field dress ,check in and trip to the self serve carwash(where else can u pressure wash the blood out without messing up your driveway)and my season turned around good luck to all over the next week 

Return to Ohio