Cabela's coming to Columbus FYI

Ohio farms

Cabela's coming to Columbus FYI

Postby Ohio farms » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:27 pm

Just read in the Outdoor News that Cabela's will be opening an 80,000 sq. ft. store in northern Columbus. Will start construction early in the spring of 2012. Glad to see it coming.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Wanderer

Re: Cabela's coming to Columbus FYI

Postby Wanderer » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:44 am

Ohio farms,
I hope your home isn't too conveniently close to Columbus. That could get expensive. Cabela's has always had good gear, but it's easy to spend a bunch there. I'm 93 miles from the Hammond IN store. That's close enough to get there, but far enough that I don't do it too regularly.

kellory

Postby kellory » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:50 am

I often use Cabela's to find what I want, but will usually find a better deal elsewhere. It is the impulse buys I need to watch out for. ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:49 am

I just mapquested it, and I'm only like 67 miles from the Hammond store. I agree with you Kell; the last time I was there I saw a lot of things I really would have liked to buy, but the prices are just a bit high.
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." ~Fred Bear

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:40 am

Wanderer, I'm about 2.5 hours away. That should temper my spending a bit. The trick to not going crazy spending money there is not to get a shopping cart as you walk in.

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:44 pm

Ohio farms,
Patience is needed also. As I write this, I'm wearing a Cabela's world traveler shirt. I liked them the first time I saw them but I thought $39.99 was a touch high. I later found them in the "Bargain Cave" for $24.00. Still more than I wanted to pay. Around Labor Day, the Hammond store has their big sale. I found the same shirts on clearance for $4.88 each. I bought 6 of 'em. Now they're back priced at $39.99. I also buy a lot of stuff during their online sales and I use my credit card points instead of cash.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:40 pm

Those are nice shirts. Rats, wish I would have seen them.
I've been looking through Cabela's catalogs for many years. When I finally went to one of their stores, I swear I had to wipe away the tears. To be able to actually hold those items in my trembling hands was a thrill. I pilled multiple items into my cart, but thankfully at the end I put most of them back before checking out. They have all the great man toys.

freak nasty 145

Postby freak nasty 145 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:27 pm

Bring Cabela's to cincy!!
"Any sportsman who can kill his deer without the tingling spine, the quick clutch at his heart, the delicious trembling of nerve fibers when the game is finally down, has no place in the deer woods." Lawrence R. Koller. (1948).

MandRroofing

Postby MandRroofing » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:28 pm

I live close to polaris were there are building the cabelas and i saw yesterday that they are breaking ground! It will be real nice to have one this close... :D

kellory

Postby kellory » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:39 pm

MandRroofing wrote:I live close to polaris were there are building the cabelas and i saw yesterday that they are breaking ground! It will be real nice to have one this close... :D

Welcome to the forum MandRroofing, I believe we may be neighbors (of a sort) I'm in Columbus. ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Next

Return to Ohio