pumped up for bow season

freak nasty 145

pumped up for bow season

Postby freak nasty 145 » Tue May 29, 2012 6:52 am

Is anybody else out there getting all jacked up for bow season? Or am i just not right in the head? :lol: I can't help it.
"Any sportsman who can kill his deer without the tingling spine, the quick clutch at his heart, the delicious trembling of nerve fibers when the game is finally down, has no place in the deer woods." Lawrence R. Koller. (1948).

kellory

Re: pumped up for bow season

Postby kellory » Tue May 29, 2012 3:47 pm

The fire never goes out, the coals just get banked for later use as the fall breezes fan it back to full flame. ;)
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Tue May 29, 2012 6:49 pm

I'm always looking forward to the start of bow season, but I try not to get too excited this early or I'll be crazy by the time it finally starts. As always, it will be fun though.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

SwampLife

Postby SwampLife » Tue May 29, 2012 7:04 pm

I'm going to attempt to keep my mind off it by fishing this summer, but yea. I pick apart aerial and topo maps of my hunting areas nightly. It is amazing to me how you can still see something new after looking at the same thing hundreds of times before.

I hate living hours from the nearest hunting/scouting possibilities...
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.

freak nasty 145

Postby freak nasty 145 » Tue May 29, 2012 7:49 pm

Glad i am not the only one. But guess what??? I'm shooting my bow tomorrow.
"Any sportsman who can kill his deer without the tingling spine, the quick clutch at his heart, the delicious trembling of nerve fibers when the game is finally down, has no place in the deer woods." Lawrence R. Koller. (1948).

gonehun10

Postby gonehun10 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:02 am

I know where you're coming from but we're slamming the Walleye right now so that keeps my mind off of it. ;) :mrgreen:

freak nasty 145

Postby freak nasty 145 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:07 am

Walleye sounds awsome. I went creek fishing last thursday didn't really catch a whole lot but it was fun. Kept seeing squirrels chase each other in the trees. Made me want to go squirrel huntin'. It was a good day.

Return to Ohio