deer hunting around Athens

racoon

deer hunting around Athens

Postby racoon » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:25 pm

hi everybody i'm new in this forum !

this fall we go hunting deer during the bow season nov.9 to 16 , we book a motel at Athens and we have the permit to go hunting on the american electric power's public recreation land ,there anybody can suggest me where is the best place to hunt because when we look at the map there's a lot of choice ex :waynes forest,zaleski forest, american power's public land ect. we are looking for big buck and i think this will be a good week to have plenty of action during the rut.
if anyone cant give some tips about hunting there it will save me a lot of time and scouting because it's 14 hours drive from my home .

thank's and excuse me for my poor english

Steeve from Quebec Can.

kellory

Re: deer hunting around Athens

Postby kellory » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:56 pm

racoon wrote:hi everybody i'm new in this forum !

this fall we go hunting deer during the bow season nov.9 to 16 , we book a motel at Athens and we have the permit to go hunting on the american electric power's public recreation land ,there anybody can suggest me where is the best place to hunt because when we look at the map there's a lot of choice ex :waynes forest,zaleski forest, american power's public land ect. we are looking for big buck and i think this will be a good week to have plenty of action during the rut.
if anyone cant give some tips about hunting there it will save me a lot of time and scouting because it's 14 hours drive from my home .

thank's and excuse me for my poor english

Steeve from Quebec Can.

Steeve, you may also want to try, Tar Hollow, Richland Furnace, and don't forget Meadwestvaco, which I believe is one of the largest public access areas.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

racoon

Re: deer hunting around Athens

Postby racoon » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:46 am

hi!

anybody know if the rut is on around Athens !!!

Racoon

Return to Ohio