Taxedermy

dtrain56

Taxedermy

Postby dtrain56 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:41 pm

Just wanted to give all you Ohio hunters the name of the guy who did my deer last year, It was my third mount and it is by far the best of the three...all three where done in ohio by "good" taxadermists but there is no comparision..

so if your looking for one BOB JULIO is your man...

he is a little more costly but awesome mount....it is my picture, great detail

everyone who comes to camp says it is the best mount they have seen

love to give you his contact info, but not going to post here

just thought if you cared as much about perserving a great memory with a great mount this would be your guy!!!!!!

garylee

RE: Taxedermy

Postby garylee » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:10 pm

hey, thats a sweet lookin mount how can i  find him cuz i  wanna get  a mount  done  this year and  i got ripped off last year and   the guy messed the mount up cuz he lost the hide  cuz he  didnt keep it cold and it rotted away

AfterShock95

Postby AfterShock95 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:10 pm

first off let me say great mount .and will remember this when I finally get a trophy to mount

dtrain56

Postby dtrain56 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:46 pm

garylee, did you et the info, i sent you..never done it that way before hope you were able to et it if not then i will try a different method

dtrain56

Postby dtrain56 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:03 pm

more ob BOBs work, you Ohio guys got to check his stuff out, he is contructing a wedsite but hear is a deer he did for my dad...

countryview

Postby countryview » Thu May 21, 2009 10:22 am

everybody needs to remember you get what you pay for if you would like to see my website it is countryviewtaxidermy.com

Hunting Ohio

Postby Hunting Ohio » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:08 pm

wolfpack

Postby wolfpack » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:57 pm

prices are high, had a mount done last season for $375. fantastic work ill post some pics after i figure out how to resize the photos. keep getting error messages that the image is too large. this season i might give it a shot at doing my own mount. hell the forms are only $50.00. the dude who did my mount gave me some good tips and i watched him do serveal full body mounts (ducks, bobcats) your quality depends on how good and fast you get the first few procedures done before sending it to a tanner

mah712rn

Postby mah712rn » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:33 pm

Hey guys this will be my first time hunting anything with anything. Going out this Saturday. I was wondering when I do get something if I want to have it mounted, what kind of prep do I need to do? Do I tell the butcher and get the mount back from him? Will it be frozen for transport? Also I live in NE Ohio , Wickliffe, Does anyone know of any good taxidermy professionals this area?.

I Know these are pretty basic questions most likely but even if someone could point me in the right direction website wise I would appreciate it.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:28 am

My best advice on what to do with the deer to make it ready for the taxidermist is to skin it yourself.  Rather than me try to explain it, check it out on the internet. Try youtube.com and type in skinning deer for taxidermy or something like that.
I  had a deer done (shot in 06) last year as did my nephew from McGrath and he was great.  McGrath Northeastern Taxidermy
                          5309 East Heisley Road
                          Mentor, Oh
                          440-352-0999
All I had from the deer was the skull plate and the antlers because I did not want to get him mounted at the time. He has extra skins so it was just an additional $40.   That way, you don't ahve to make the decision to mount or not right away.
Be patient...you may not get a big buck the first year, but now is the time to figure out how to go about it before that big buck is laying in your garage.  Good luck

Next

Return to Ohio