New land owner hunting regulations ?

Ohio farms

New land owner hunting regulations ?

Postby Ohio farms » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:15 am

I read something about the State creating  new regs involving hunting on your own land. Something about registering.  Anybody know anything about it?

The Phantom

RE: New land owner hunting regulations ?

Postby The Phantom » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:47 pm

I think you heard about a program where land owners and hunters can register with ODNR as to who wants to hunt, and who will allow hunting. Then these people can email each other about hunting, etc.

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:58 pm

No, I know about that program.  As the law is now landowners only have to buy a federal migratory bird stamp. You must make a temporary homemade tag for your deer and turkey and check it in as anyone else.  Of course all rules and laws must be followed.  The new law would require you to register with the DNR your farm and any family member who will hunt...or something like that.  When I first heard about it it sounded like a lot of hassle, but maybe not.  Thats why I wanted to find out more.
Thanks for you input though Phantom

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:48 am

[font="Tahoma"]It might be you were reading about the new electronic (web and phone) based game check system. When it is implemented, land owners will have to register so that they can get an ID number for the system. They would not have to pay anything for it, same as now, they just have to register.

So when this system goes into effect, land owners will have to get a hunting license and deer and turkey permits, but they won't have to pay anything for them.

From ODNR - [/font]

Landowner Hunters
House Bill 1, which was passed by 128th Ohio General Assembly in July of 2009, made an addition to ORC 1533.11 requiring that landowners be allowed to utilize their name or address with an electronic game check system.

A process will be created in the new system to allow for this change. Landowner hunters will still to comply with the procedure of making up their own temporary tag in order to check in a deer or turkey.

[font="Tahoma"]Links-

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Default.aspx?tabid=20392

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Home/News/NewsReleaseArchives/tabid/19075/EntryID/971/Default.aspx

Wild Ohio Customer Relationship Management System (WOCRMS)
[/font]
�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:31 pm

That was it.  Thanks for the information and the links.  I appreciate it.

Return to Ohio