Court: Wildlife officers may enter private property without cause

jonny5buck

Re: Court: Wildlife officers may enter private property wit

Postby jonny5buck » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:29 am

kellory wrote:Sorry, this mouse sticks! I can't seem to figure out how to delete the duplicate. :oops:

Normally there is an ''x'' up at the top of each of your post ...that you can delete a post but only if no-one responds to it...otherwise you can choose to edit it...and i have found out you can basically delete the whole thing except you have to leave at least one word or a smiley icon.I believe DDH is experiencing some technical difficulties with regards to the avatars the postings and such...as of this post i didnt see the ''x'' icon that lets you delete your post...it was there originally...

A short reply would just be as i have already stated ..to me .anyway ..Cpo officers have enough authority to do there job correctly without a law like this...regardless of the scenario they have the ability to do there job correctly...Without a law like this-The end~ :D

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:53 pm

I thank you for the info., and I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I respect your stance on this, but I see that the job has changed, so the rules should reflect that. Thank you for the debate.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

3 to 1

Postby 3 to 1 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:07 pm

I've talked to a couple of Wildlife Officers in my area and they all say the same thing, most of the time they don't have time to be checking private property without a complaint to instigate it. I would guess that the case that started the original post, happened because someone compained about something. Maybe the guys bragged and someone was a bird lover or who knows what caused someone to call ODNR, but thats usually how it starts. I think SOME wildlife officers could abuse this, such as the case of the girls from college, however thats when the girls should have filed a complaint and the officer disciplined for not being able to justify his actions. I have a little background in law enforcement and my pesonal judgement says he should have not bothered the girls. There was no reason to think anything was wrong at a private camper/house. If he saw camo or orange gear hanging out to dry then he is justified. Otherwise "KEEP OUT - EVERYONE" its private property.

Previous

Return to Ohio